Artsopolis Network Members: Akron OH | Albuquerque NM | Austin TX | Birmingham AL | Boston MA | Cape Cod MA | Charlotte NC | Cincinnati OH | Colorado Springs CO | Columbia SC | Flagstaff AZ | Flint MI | Fort Lauderdale FL | Houston TX | Indianapolis IN | Kalamazoo MI | Macon GA | Milwaukee WI | Monterey Bay CA | Montgomery County MD | Napa Valley CA | Nashville TN | Orange County CA | Orlando FL | Palm Beach County FL | Panama City FL | Providence RI | Quito, Ecuador | Rapid City SD | Richardson TX | Riverside CA | Sacramento CA | San Antonio TX | San Jose CA | St. Cloud MN | St. Croix Valley MN/WI | St. Johns County FL | Stillwater MN | Tallahassee FL | Tampa Bay FL | Utah | Ventura CA | York County PA
I have striven throughout my life to create imaginative work that connects with the viewer while alluding to my personal mythology.
I use highly detailed imagery while examining the individual’s pursuit of the sublime. I use beauty and craftsmanship to make my work approachable. Then, I project a new experience onto traditional sculpture by adding contemporary imagery to create a new visual experience.
I need to communicate more than beauty. Viewers that choose to look deeper
About My Work:
- “On the ground floor were the vibrant sculptures and graphite drawings of Laura Levine”, Sanya Ali, “First Gallery Walk of the year offers glimpse into the local art world”, Indiana Daily Student, February 9, 2015
- “★★★★☆”, Dan Grossman, “Review: Totems: Laura Levine”, NUVO News, January 9, 2015
- “…is magnificently colorful and inventive”, Dan Grossman, “Review: Magnificent Amber at Harrison Center for the Arts”, NUVO News, December 8, 2014
- “Levine strives to visually depict the core of human experience in relation to both the spiritual and natural worlds”, “Krempp exhibit features 2 artists”, Dubois County Herald, September 30, 2014
- “Psychological states of mind come alive in her whimsical yet macabre figures”, Keri Guten Cohen, “5 Artists Reveal Their Obsessions”, Detroit Free Press, August 22, 1999
Most sculptures cost about $2-$3 per square inch, as measured using the largest two of three dimensions (length, width, and depth). However, variances occur for sculptures that contain more detail, less detail, or use unusual media.
B.F.A. School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
Also attended Indiana University – Bloomington B.F.A. program
IDADA artist member
iMOCA artist insider
- Finalist, Stutz Arts Residency Grant, 2014, Juried by association membership
- Non-Purchase Cash Award, Installation Nation, 2015, Sponsored by Primary Colours
- Non-Purchase Cash Award, Welcome Race Fans: The Arts Celebrate the 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500, 2016
- First Place, Minnetrista Juried Art Show and Sale, 2014, Juried by Craig Martin, Director of Purdue University Galleries
- First Prize, FLAVA FRESH Juried Show Series, 2014, Juried by committee
- Honorable Mention, Whitewater Valley Art Competition, 2015, Juried by James Elkins, PhD, School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- Second Place, William Vawter Juried Show, 2014, Juried by Patrick Flaherty, Indianapolis Art Center
- Award of Excellence (highest prize in show), Village Fine Arts Association, Milford, MI, 2004
- Third Prize, Illiana Artists Juried Show, 1998, Juried by Lisa Knikow of Arts, Beats, and Eats
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.