“Every time we grab an ephemeral
“As an artist I listen to people talk, and capture the conversation live in real time, on a large scale, using pictures, words and color. There are three aspects to my process: listening, thinking, and drawing – and I have to do all of these things in quick succession since I am working live. Although some people think what I do is a performance – and I don’t mind if they enjoy my process in this manner – I don’t see it that way. My predominant goal is to serve the group with accurate content that is easy to remember and digest, that leads the eye in an arc to tell a clear story and that captures everyone’s voice equally – not just the loudest and most frequent talkers.”
Julia makes conversations visible, helps drive discussions and decisions, and adds color to a normal and maybe less colorful day. Afterwards, the client immediately receives a drawing for everyone to see, share, remember and keep the conversation going.
The materials used when working typically include large sheets of white bond paper (4-ft x 8-ft), tape, and magic markers.
Live in-person events and digital scribing for virtual events: $3000/day for up to six hours of drawing time; $1600-$1800/half day for 3-4 hours of drawing time
Other session durations can be negotiated on an individual basis.
Custom studio work is also available; such as:
Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN | MFA Graphic Design, Fall 2020
Pratt Institute, New York, NY | AOS Graphic Design, 2000
Hampshire College, Amherst, MA | BA, 1992
• Chair, Marketing Committee, Friends of Griffin Bike Park Advisory Committee, Terre Haute, IN | 2015 – present
• Member, Nonprofit Alliance of Monroe County, Bloomington, IN | March 2014 – present
• President, Cayuga Club Toastmasters, Ithaca, NY | July 2012 – July 2013
• President, Aurora Arts & Merchants Association, Aurora, NY | October 2009 – 2011
• Referral Institute of Ithaca, The Certified Networker | 2011 graduate
• Board Member, Finger Lakes Culinary Bounty, Ithaca, NY | January 2009- January 2010
• Leadership Cayuga, Auburn, NY | 2009 graduate
• Certified Structured Facilitator, MG Rush | March 2019
• Certified Branding Expert, Brand Academy | April 2014
• Toastmasters International, Advanced Communicator Gold | 2013
• Design work featured in Recycling and Redesigning Logos, Rockport Publishers | Summer 2010
• Design work featured in The Big Book of Green Design, Rockport Publishers | October 2009
• Winner, 2009 Cayuga County Small Business of the Year Award | June 2009