VISIT THE WEBSITE LINK FOR THE FULL ARTIST CALL OUT AND SUBMISSION DETAILS.
Fishers Arts Council is bringing back their Small Business Saturday and Winter Wonderland events from 2018 and 2019 thanks to a grant they received this year. The purpose of these events is to provide artistic demonstrations to the public so that they can learn about and create their own visual art. By showcasing the Artists’ talents while they demonstrate/perform their skills, they hope this inspires community members to create their own art and experiment in various mediums. FAC is looking for Artists/Artisans who work in all mediums and genres, including, but not limited to, woodworking, glassblowing, printmaking, quilting, weaving, stained glass, painting in various mediums, drawing, pottery/ceramics, metalsmith/jewelry, and small-scale sculpting. The most important aspect is that the artist’s medium must be able to be demonstrated, in some fashion, while indoors at an 8’ table (or in the same relative space).
EVENT DATES: November 28, 2020 1pm-6pm & December 5, 2020 3pm-8pm
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: By 3:00PM EST on Friday, October 2, 2020
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit for this opportunity, artists must:
- Be able to meet all of the project requirements (see below)
- Be age 16 or over
- Be willing to meet all contractual obligations
- Be willing follow Fishers Arts Council’s COVID-19 guidelines during the entire event
THIS PROJECT WILL REQUIRE:
- Artist’s medium must be able to be demonstrated live at City Hall in the space provided
- Artist must interact, engage, and communicate clearly with the patrons while demonstrating
- Artist must create a one-page sheet explaining their craft and how they create for those who cannot hear (printing will be provided by Fishers Arts Council)
- The medium must be able to be tactile (in some way) for those who have a visual impairment
Artists will be permitted to sell their works during the event, however the focus must be on demonstration and interaction with the public. Each artist will be paid $100 for their demonstration, which equates to $20 per hour for five (5) hours during the event. Fishers Arts Council shall take no commission for any works sold during these specific events.
This timeline represents the project as it now appears. Changes may be necessary as the project progresses:
- Release Request for Qualifications: September 3, 2020
- Deadline for Submissions: 3:00PM EST on Friday, October 2, 2020
- Notification of Selection: on/by Friday, October 9, 2020
- Submission of ADA Materials: on/by Monday, October 26, 2020
- Event Dates: November 28, 2020 and December 5, 2020