Arts Council of Indianapolis
Marketing and Communications Manager
The purpose of the Marketing and Communications Manager is to manage the marketing efforts of the Arts Council of Indianapolis and its programs and services as well as the central Indiana arts and cultural community. Specifically, the Marketing and Communications Manager will create strategic marketing plans, manage advertising schedules, and coordinate social media campaigns for activities of the Arts Council of Indianapolis, the Indianapolis Artsgarden, Gallery 924; and market the performances, programs, and exhibitions of central Indiana’s arts and cultural organizations. Additionally, the manager will be the point of contact for internal and external communications efforts and key community outreach initiatives and partnerships.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate and assist in the implementation of the agency’s e- communications and social media efforts; including content creation, managing outreach, and developing new audiences.
- Design and/or manage the design of agency publications, advertisements, and other promotional materials (both electronic and print).
- Oversee and coordinate ACI graphic look and work with designers and artists for brand consistency and excellence.
- Manage ACI brand and online presence.
- Responsible for coordination, content management of, and updates to all arts council websites including Indyarts.org and Indyartsguide.org. Includes training and ongoing communication with arts organizations related to data entry procedures for organization information, calendar of events, and images.
- Monitors website statistics and social media analytics and provides regular reports to senior management and board.
- Coordinates collaborative marketing programs and initiatives for promotion of the arts community.
- Responsible for assisting media relations efforts for the Arts Council, Gallery 924 and other programs; including, but not limited to, writing press releases, maintaining media lists, responding to media inquiries, and scheduling media interviews with senior management and designated spokespersons.
- Manage publication partnerships and supply them with monthly event listings.
- Coordinate the marketing and promotion activities of the Indianapolis Artsgarden and Gallery 924 including advertising, social media, and outreach.
- Be a key point of contact for arts organization’s marketing contacts to provide support and resources as needed.
- Assist with agency special events including Start with Art, Art & Soul, grant award ceremonies, and other events as planned.
- Provide and/or manage on-site event social media and photography for Arts Council events including Gallery 924 receptions, Start with Art, Artist Industry Nights, Art & Soul, grant ceremonies, and other ACI events.
- Support other Arts Council departments in marketing, communications, and design.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years or more relevant experience
- General interest and affinity for the arts
- Excellent writing skills
- Some graphic design skills preferred
- Experience with content management systems
- Strong communications skills
- Strong design aesthetic and ability to work with agencies and designers
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate key messages to multiple stakeholder groups
- Extensive experience with e-communications
- Demonstrated success in managing and growing social media for an organization
- Marketing and advertising experience
- Video production, editing, and photography experience preferred
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
- Energetic self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, English, Art, Art History, or related field
Reports to Director of Marketing
The salary range for this position is $40 – $50K, depending on experience.
To apply, send or e-mail a letter of interest and resume to:
Shannon M. Linker
Arts Council of Indianapolis
924 N. Pennsylvania
Indianapolis, IN 46204