The Arts Council of Indianapolis is coordinating arts events on the Downtown Canal for Saturday, April 30’s Indy Ultimate Urban Adventure Race. As part of the events, there are places along the canal where plein-air painters are wanted to set up and paint the canal with the backdrop of Downtown, and the runners along the canal. It promises to be a beautiful and exciting day!
- You do not need to register for the race event
- Setup can start as early as 7:30 a.m.; painting would go until around 12:30 or 1:00 p.m.
- There are two desired sites: one a shady area on pavement, and one an open area with grass (although setup is possible elsewhere along the canal)
- Electricity would be available if needed
- Artists can bring coolers in addition to their usual plein-air setup
- Artists are allowed to hand out business cards and brochures, and can connect with people for sales
- After painting, artists can bring their work to the post-race party in Military Park and set up a mini-show
- Promotion for the plein-air painters’ appearance will be part of the Indy Ultimate PR effort
If interested, please email Julia Moore, Director of Public Art, Arts Council of Indianapolis, at email@example.com or call (317) 631-3301 x240.