Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre and its education wing, JR. CIVIC, are looking for instructors for their Fall 2023 session, including a musical theatre classroom instructor.
Civic Theatre does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Civic encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who demonstrate the ability to help Civic achieve its vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
- This position is hired on a session-to-session basis. Classes at Civic Theatre are held year-round on a seasonal schedule.
- Class times are generally Mondays-Thursdays, after school, and on Saturday mornings. Times and days of the week vary according to the age group.
- Applicant must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in music or theatre OR have cumulative experience equal to that level of degree.
- Applicant must have at least basic piano skills and be able to confidently teach musical theatre-style music.
- Applicant should have experience working with youth in the Kindergarten to 8th grade range.
- Applicant should be confident with lesson planning and interested in developing curriculum for process-based theatre education workshops.
- Applicant should be organized and prompt.
- This position requires strong classroom management skills.
- The hiring process will include an in-person interview and a standard criminal background check.
- Start date – September 11, 2023; Pay = $50/hr.
Please submit your resume and references directly to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position.