CHIP, the Coalition for Homelessness Intervention and Prevention would like to extend an invitation to you to participate in HE[ART] Project, CHIP’s inaugural art exhibition. Proceeds from the event benefit CHIP and its efforts of making homelessness rare, short-lived, and recoverable. Since 1996, CHIP has served as a community mobilizer, lead researcher, and homeless advocate to make an impact on homelessness in the Indianapolis community.
HE[ART] Project, or the Homeless Experience Art (HE[ART]) Project, will be an exhibition of works by regional artists to grapple with topics related to homelessness. Author Maya Angelou said, “All great artists draw from the same resource: the human heart, which tells us that we are all more alike than we are unalike.” Successful works of art will explore the similarities of those who experience homelessness and gallery visitors, breaking down common perceptions of homelessness and tearing down the boundaries between the two groups. Artists creating work for this show will be encouraged to challenge both themselves and the visitors to rethink homelessness through art. HE[ART] Project will be held at the Indiana Interchurch Center Art Gallery in September and October 2016. The opening night will be Friday, September 2, 2016 and will be an exciting evening with wine and hors d’oeuvres, and of course, impactful art.
They respect that artists in the community are asked to provide work and talent numerous times during the year for many worthy causes; however, ask that you give special consideration to participating in HE[ART] Project. The art will be exposed to new audiences as many community members come through the Indiana Interchurch Center for meetings and events for over twenty nonprofits who reside in the building. In addition to helping a great cause, you will receive a 70% commission of the sale price of your work. The remaining 30% will be donated to CHIP to help with their efforts in ending homelessness in Indianapolis.
If you are interested in participating in HE[ART] Project, send an e-mail to email@example.com so he can give you more information and how to submit pieces to the show. To learn more about CHIP, please visit at www.chipindy.org.
They hope you join and support us in forming this creative and interactive discussion on homelessness through art. Thank you for your consideration.