The Partnership Development Coordinator is responsible for designing, implementing, and coordinating an institution-wide comprehensive partner relations and stewardship system that appropriately and consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of partners at all levels. The Coordinator will help develop and put into place streamlined processes and procedures, and help move forward customized, impactful partnership development plans that ensure the Center’s partners receive regular engagement opportunities and high-level touch points, including compelling reports and cultivation materials, and exclusive access to virtual and in-person meetings and events.
Reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their role.
- Track and fulfill partner rights & benefits included in customized partnership agreements.
- Act as the primary point of contact for 30-40 partners and be comfortable autonomously problem solving in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage partner database accounts and ensure accuracy of all partner contact details including current point of contact.
- Communicate with partners regarding procedures, payment schedules, and invoicing.
- Manage all logistics for partnership activation including on-site, digital, and events.
- Work closely with the marketing and production staffs to ensure consistent recognition of partners across all platforms including but not limited to program book, season brochure, website, social media, email marketing, signage, and performances.
- Responsible for tracking deliverables received by all partners, creating reports, and briefing the partners on their return annually.
- Participate in partner pitch and activation brainstorming sessions with Director as requested.
- Assist Director with the planning and execution of the annual Partner Summit.
- Track, manage, and report, partnership event budgets and expenses.
- Ensure partner benefits are communicated and implemented through email, mailings, and other marketing materials.
- Oversee welcome process for new partners; explain ticketing benefits and communicate with box office team.
- Utilize Tessitura software to track and engage partners and prospects.
- Actively use and manage the MobileCause account (text messages for stewardship, event reminders, and solicitations, etc.)
- Assist in maintaining a written inventory of in-kind partner donations to be utilized during volunteer projects and annual events.
- Manage all logistics relating to the Brham Founders Club VIP Hospitality experience in conjunction with the Events team.
- Research and qualify leads given by the Director.
- Track partnership benefit utilization throughout the season and maintain deadlines for all deliverables.
- Represent organization at assigned community events and be an ambassador for the organization with the Director when needed.
Please apply at: https://thecenterpresents.org/about/career-opportunities/