A PROJECT OF THE HERBERT SIMON FAMILY FOUNDATION
The Indianapolis Creative Risk Fund is a pilot program of the Herbert Simon Family Foundation to provide funding for individual artists, artist collectives, and collaborations of individual artists to take creative risks.
Risk-taking, experimentation and exploration are critical for developing and supporting a progressive arts scene and creative economy, and Herbert Simon Family Foundation desires to encourage this type of creative action in the community.
- Grants for individual artists: up to $7,500
- Grants for collaborations/collectives: up to $15,000
- Two-step application process: Short written application through online form
- Q&A call with the selection committee for finalists
- Recipients will have the opportunity to meet, discuss and learn from other recipients.
- Documentation Process: Local photographers and videographers will be hired to capture the creative process.
- These digital assets will be available for use by grant recipients and be used to tell the larger story of the works being created.
- Recipients will participate in a final event to showcase and celebrate the artists, their processes and works created through this fund.
- Individual artists, artist collectives or collaborations of individual artists
- Open to the full spectrum of the arts, including but not limited to: visual arts, performing arts, musicians, fashion, interdisciplinary artists, multi-media artists, etc.
- Central Indiana based artists Marion, Boone, Hamilton, Madison, Hancock, Shelby, Johnson, Morgan, Hendricks counties
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Recipients must be willing to have their artistic process documented
- Program will prioritize artists who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, women, and artists with disabilities
Sept. 6, 2023: Application window opens.
Oct. 13, 2023: Completed applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m.
Nov. 2023: Q&A calls with the selection committee
Dec. 2023: Artists selected and notified
Dec. 2023 – Summer 2024: Project begins
Summer 2024: Final event showcase
APPLY HERE BEFORE 11:59PM ON OCTOBER 13, 2023