The Columbus Area Arts Council (CAAC) is organizing a juried group exhibition, Limited Edition, to be held at The Workshop March 6–June 1, 2023. The Council is seeking 2-D artwork in the form of new prints or editions from a diverse group of creative talent living or working in Columbus, Nashville, Bloomington, New Harmony, Indianapolis, and the surrounding communities. With this exhibition, the Council aims to highlight the varied ways art is produced (and reproduced) and lower barriers to collecting art.
- Open to youth and older (13+), emerging and established professionals who identify as artists, designers, or creative entrepreneurs
- Entry fee is $25 for up to three artworks; student entry fee is $10.
- Payments can be made within the online entry form; contact CAAC if you wish to pay the entry fee with check or cash.
- If entry fee is a barrier for participation, please contact CAAC.
- All entries must be submitted digitally at the link here.
- JPEGs must be 72 dpi, at least 1200 pixels in one direction and labeled with the following format:
##_ArtistName_ArtworkTitle (example: 01_MeeraMohan_Flowers).
Size, Format, and Editions:
- Artwork size is limited to 15” x 20” (2-D only). 40 lbs. maximum
- CAAC will provide frames for work that is 8” W x 10” H x max ¼” thick. (See Framing below).
- Print editions must be created for this exhibition. Prints can be based on existing concepts or bodies of work.
- Medium is open to any 2-D work that can be produced in multiples.
- Special consideration will be given to analog printing methods (examples: screenprinting, linocuts, letterpress) and unconventional materials and processes. Photography, giclée prints, and digital prints will also be considered. In some instances, reproduced prints of paintings and drawings will be considered.
- Artwork printed digitally must be printed by a professional-grade printer with archival ink (see Recommended Printers on the Council’s page). Exceptions will be made if the artist’s process depends on other production methods. Contact CAAC to discuss this exception.
- Artwork can be produced in editions of 3 to 100. Only 1 edition of a predetermined number of prints needs to be produced for the exhibition.
- Artwork displayed in the exhibition must be number 1 of X (your predetermined number of total prints).
- Artwork must be numbered on the front or back of your artwork.
- Accepted works will be listed for sale.
- A portion of the proceeds will benefit CAAC and future arts programs at The Workshop (20% to CAAC, 20% to The Workshop, 60% to the Artist).
- Images of accepted works may be used for promotional material.
- All costs associated with shipping are to be covered by the artist. To arrange shipping of artwork, please contact CAAC.
- Artwork must be framed and ready to hang upon drop-off
- For artwork measuring 8” W x 10” H x max ¼” thick, CAAC will provide a white 11”x14” frame with a white mat at no cost.
- Note: the mat will overlap the print by ¼” on all four sides.
- Each artwork may list two prices: unframed and framed.
December 2 // “Call for Entry” announced
January 27 // Submission deadline
January 27–31 // Email notification to artists of accepted work
February 1–20 // Edition printing and framing
February 20–24 // Artwork drop-off or delivery to The Workshop
March 6 – June 1 // Exhibition on view at The Workshop. Public Reception (TBA)
June 5-9 // Artwork pick-up for any unsold work.
The juror will give awards in three categories:
Best in Show
Best in Show, Youth (13-18)
For questions about the exhibition, the call for entry, or costs to participate please contact CAAC at email@example.com.
For more information and to apply, click here.