Embassy Theatre Foundation, Inc.
Job Title: Technical Director
Reports To: Programming Director
Classification: Exempt; Full-time
Salary Range: $35,000 – $50,000
General Description: The technical director is responsible for advancing and coordinating as necessary all technical requirements for booked stage events and is the facility contact for event production crews. Also responsible for the maintenance of all staging and house equipment including but not limited to stage platforms, rigging systems, lighting, sound, orchestra shell and auditorium seating. The technical director is the administrative liaison with the local IATSE union event stage crew and is responsible for training stagehands in the proper use and handling of all Embassy-owned stage equipment. The technical director may perform skilled labor tasks such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, general maintenance work and computer hardware installation, if so qualified.
- Primary facility contact for event production staff regarding technical requirements.
- Expedites event technical rider requirements.
- On-site Embassy stage representative/administration liaison for all booked events.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of all technical, backstage and dressing room areas.
- Maintains Embassy stage equipment including lighting instruments, rigging, lighting and sound consoles, etc.
- Maintains inventories of all stage equipment and stage production supplies.
- Organizes and executes Embassy stage equipment training and safety programs.
- Approves stagehand (IATSE) invoice per event and provides copies of same together with other technical event expenses to the accounting department.
- Prepares technical budget for stage equipment needs, prepares estimates for supplies and materials and makes recommendations for major expenditures.
- Prepares and provides promoter/presenter with estimated expense sheets for facility and equipment rental and labor/event service.
- Interprets event rider; develops detailed plans and show notes for each event including media information, contract information and staffing requirements; and distributes necessary information and event requests to all appropriate facility personnel as may be necessary to properly service booked event.
- Directs or assists with production of Embassy-originated programming and with programming duties, including contracting of shows with promoters; serves as backup to the programming director.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Adheres to the core values of the Embassy Theatre Foundation, which include excellence, mindfulness of the past, boldness, accountability, customer satisfaction and vision.
Education and/or experience:
Bachelor’s degree in production technology or a related field and at least four years related experience preferably in a performing arts facility or auditorium. Touring experience and/or professional concert and Broadway production experience is a plus. Certification in stage rigging is a plus. Must be able to work with a team as well as independently, be an excellent communicator and able to handle multiple tasks.
Please email email@example.com if interested.