Community & Project Overview
The City of Fishers (City) in collaboration with the Fishers Armed Services Commission (FASC) seeks an artist, artist team, or creative company to design a monument or structure to honor the City of Fishers Country and Community Service Awardees. The Fishers Country and Community Service Award aims to recognize and honor individuals with Fishers ties who have gone above and beyond in service to the country through military service, as well as the Fishers community. The monument is to memorialize the recipients of the award and to serve as a location for all to recognize and reflect on the outstanding service by individuals in the community.
The purpose of the Fishers Armed Services Commission is to further the City in becoming a community in which military service is honored and recognized as a key component to the community’s vibrancy; incorporated and promoted in programming, policy decisions, and protocols to ensure recognition and appreciation towards military service is woven throughout the community and understood as a critical component to sense of place. Those serving, those who have served, those desiring to serve, and the entire community for benefiting from military service, will be positively impacted by this new commission.
Scope of Service
Design and install a monument along the Nickel Plate Trail in Fishers. Exact location is TBD.
The budget for the project should not exceed $50,000.
– 18 years of age and live in the United States
– Have a demonstrated ability to design, fabricate, and install large-scale sculptural projects
– Carry personal liability insurance for the duration of the project ($1,000,000 per occurrence)
– Be willing to meet contractual obligations, and adhere to the budget and proposed timeline
– A Cover Letter, please include:
1. Why you/your team are interested in this project
2. A paragraph describing the concept for the memorial feature and how your unique style would be applied for this project
– A Professional Resume
– Images of Previous Work, no more than 10 images (via email, hard copy, or web link)
– A description List that corresponds with the images of Previous Work
– Proof of Concept
RFQ Timeline / Announcement
– The RFQ will be open from January 1 – March 1, 2023
– Selection Process March 1 – 31, 2023
– Expected Announcement: April 2023
– Final Proof of Concept Announced May 29
– Install Expected Fall 2023
For more information, see the full RFQ attached.