From Artwork Archive, this free, virtual webinar will cover best practices for applying to artist opportunities, including grants, juried shows, artist residencies, public art proposals, and art fairs. Don’t be overtaken by no’s: after this webinar you’ll throw your hat in the ring with confidence!
Date: Thursday, July 28th at 2pm ET | 1pm CT | 12pm MT | 11am PT
Register here. The webinar will be recorded, and the recording will be shared with all registrants the day after the event.
- Judy Cai, Director of NYFA Grants
- Josely Carvalho, multimedia artist and recipient of the Pollock-Krasner Foundation Grant
- Elizabeth Keithline, artist, curator, and founder of Wheel Arts Administration
You’ll hear advice from the artists who’ve won the awards and the people who give them out, including:
- How to get the attention of jurors
- What to know when applying for a grant
- Making the most out of your application including grant writing tips
- Advice for applying to artist residencies
- Do’s and don’ts of applying to competitions
- Recommendations for applying to public art projects
- How to make the most out of your award when you win it
- Steps for bouncing back when you don’t win
- Where to find the best opportunities for your art practice