Provide executive level administrative and managerial assistance to the Dean of the Herron School of Art and Design. Serve as primary liaison between the Dean’s Office and all internal and external constituents.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as primary liaison, advisor and assistant to the Dean: On a day-to-day basis, oversee a wide range of strategic, operational, political, and organizational issues. Provide executive level administrative support to the Dean with the authority to represent the Dean in select internal and external interactions with IU executives, faculty, staff, students and members of the community. Oversee the management of the Dean’s schedule and prioritize access. Ensure that the Dean is fully and appropriately briefed on all issues and that communications, presentations and other materials are prepared and ready for upcoming meetings and events. Coordinate the accurate exchange of information and resolve administrative problems. On behalf of the Dean, provide advice on school policies, procedures, and practices and assist in evaluation and modification of these policies. Act in the Dean’s absence to evaluate and address all inquiries. Draft, review, prioritize and provide quality control for all correspondence, reports, and grants endorsed by the Dean. Research, compare costs, coordinate and book all travel arrangements for the Dean, including international travel. Collect, organize and reconcile all receipts. Submit and track all reimbursements through the IU Travel System or the IU Foundation, as appropriate.
- Faculty Relations: Coordinate, train, and track completion of faculty annual reviews in format instructed by the campus (currently DM-Activity Insight). Pull reports as needed for faculty merit increases, annual reporting at the campus level, etc. Work closely with OAA(Office of Academic Appointments) for faculty P&T, Reappointments, sabbatical leaves, leaves of absence, FMLA, sick leave and inform associate dean for faculty affairs on policies and procedures related to these issues. Work with faculty committees on selection process for annual faculty awards for research, teaching, community engagement, and service. Report outcomes to appropriate groups and work with social media/PR team as needed. Ensure faculty and staff are completing Conflict of Interest (faculty only) and Conflict of Commitment (faculty and staff) forms annually.
- Activities Reporting/Annual Strategic Plan for campus: Coordinate the collection and assessment of data for annual reporting efforts of the campus. Evaluate and revise collected data and approve on behalf of the Dean for final release.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education at a 2:1 ratio, plus 1 year directly related experience.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions regarding allocation of scarce resources.
- Ability to select the best among competing projects.
- Outstanding organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Experience working with various volunteer constituencies.
- Experience working with the media.
- Great communications and diplomacy skills.
Knowledge, skills and abilities: Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities, work as a team member and handle stress. Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Must possess professional verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional ability to work with diverse populations.
For more information and to apply, visit https://iujobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/65910