Ignite Studio Assistant
Hamilton East Public Library is accepting applications internally and externally for a part-time (20 hrs. per week) Ignite Studio Assistant. Must be available to work a flexible schedule that may include a combination of days, evenings, and weekends. Starting pay for this position is $11.70 per hour.
Ignite Studio is a 15,000 sq ft, arts-focused makerspace that offers patrons free use of a variety of maker equipment and supplies. This position will provide customer service, program facilitation, and administrative assistance in support of library services and programs, especially as related to Ignite. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guidance and assistance to guests regarding the use of library services, facilities, resources, and equipment.
- Deliver customer centered in-house programs, community events, and outreach services developed and planned using the HEPL logic model.
- Collect and record data and customer feedback as directed by the Ignite Manager.
- Assist with customer requests regarding needed information, and assist in furnishing or locating that information.
- Assist in maintenance of designated resources.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Bring a curious spirit and creative drive to work daily.
- Be comfortable in an ever-evolving environment.
- Identify and act as a life-long learner.
- Be capable of embracing failure with a sense of humor.
- Remain flexible and responsive to the needs of guests.
- Have an interest in learning and teaching both high-tech and low-tech maker techniques.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma and six months of customer service experience is required.
- Experience in art or technology instruction and/or familiarity with maker equipment is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Customer Service – Provide prompt, attentive, and friendly customer service in-person and by phone; represents the organization well; maintains personal accountability and ownership for providing excellent customer service; seeks and responds to feedback from customers to improve service; follows up and meets commitments; shows willingness to go out of his or her way to help customers.
- Teamwork – Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment; collaborates with and supports coworkers by helping out where needed; creates and maintains positive relationships with coworkers; asks for and listens to coworker feedback and incorporates feedback into revised processes; completes work on time and with proper quality; supports cross-training and shares learning with others; understands we are all stewards of the taxpayers.
- Communications and Media – Communicates ideas and thoughts clearly, accurately, and respectfully; listens to others and seeks to understand others’ perspectives; has knowledge of communication techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and educate using electronic media, including but not limited to email, internet, and social media sites.
- Adaptability – Willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities; open to change and variety within the workplace; works hard to implement successful change in areas of responsibility; recommends and implements changes to improve processes and customer service.
- Image – Portrays a positive image of library; is a strong public ambassador and promotes library programs and services during customer interactions.
- Technical – Proficiency in using computers and related software; experience with library management system software, including cataloging systems and public interface systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee frequently is required to:
- Use hands and fingers to handle books, paper, technology
- Sit, stand, and walk
- Speak and listen to others
- See and read
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Please contact John Chomica at (317) 770-3266 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.