As per the Oxford dictionary, sustenance is defined as:
- Food and drink regarded as a source of strength; nourishment.
- The maintaining of someone or something in life or existence.
Around the holidays, food usually plays a central part in how people celebrate. They get excited about a favorite dish that is always present or something new is introduced to the menu that becomes a staple. Perhaps you host a gathering for the first time, putting you in charge of the menu. Maybe you decide to bring in the new year with a party, with tantalizing appetizers and beverages. This is also the time that many evaluate the past year. They reflect on the other things in life that feed them: family, friends, socialization, animals, solitude, beliefs, creativity, giving, nature, relaxation. What did they get enough of? What do they need more of? Everyone needs and responds to different things. This juried show is an invitation to explore the things that sustain people and add to their sense of well-being.
All 2-D works including painting, sketching, collage, assemblage, mixed media, photography, accepted. 3-D works including ceramics and sculpture are accepted.
If you would like to submit your artwork for consideration, please follow the submission guidelines below.
Extended deadline to submit is Monday, Oct 16.
CALL FOR ART: THE SUSTENANCE SHOW SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Submit all required materials on one document, either a .docx or .pdf, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line of email should include the following info in this format:
- Subject: Title(s) of Works Materials/Mediums, Size, Price
- Example: The Road Less Traveled, Oil, 12×20, $270; Self-Portrait, Acrylic, 18×30, $300; Sunrise, Mixed Media, 8×16, NFS
- One image per page including:
ADDITIONAL CALL FOR ART INFO
- Ignite does not accept works that are reproductions or studies of existing works. All work must be original.
- NO AI GENERATED WORK.
- Any work previously displayed at Ignite Studio is not eligible for entry.
- Hanging work should not exceed 70 lbs.
- Ignite Studio is located in a public library visited by all ages and cannot accept work with nudity or profanity.
- Displayed artworks might be photographed for promotional work (social media, print materials, etc.).
Artwork should be dropped off on the appropriate dates as specified by Ignite Studio upon notification of acceptance of work. Artwork on display in Ignite Studio can be sold by the artist. Ignite does not take commission or handle any transactions. Work that is sold must remain on display through the duration of exhibit and will be marked with a red dot upon notification of its sale from the artist.
Artwork will be displayed in Ignite Studio, located on the lower level of Hamilton East Public Library in Fishers.
Come on out for an Artist Reception on Thursday, Nov. 9th, 2023 at 6:00pm. Stop by and see The Sustenance Show on display Nov. 4th, 2023 – January 12, 2024.