Program Manager Description
The Indiana Artisan program manager will collaborate with the executive director to develop, supervise, plan, coordinate, and implement the organization’s marketing, tourism, education and retail activities and services. It is a part-time position, 20 hours/week, $20/hour, working remotely.
The position will begin as soon as the right person for it is found. Indiana Artisan works to strengthen the state’s creative communities by connecting people to a select group of artisans who create exceptional fine art and craft, food and beverage. It is headquartered in Carmel, Indiana.
- Acts as a strong advocate and ambassador for quality, handmade products made by Indiana artisans;
- Works to promote select works of Indiana art, craft and food and the artisans who produce them;
- Develops and facilitates workshops and other entrepreneur-support programs;
- Plans promotion of various Indiana Artisan programs;
- Coordinates the Friends of Indiana Artisan program, including organizing and facilitating Friends events;
- Manages and develops the e-commerce program;
- Aids local efforts to develop and promote artisan-related, tourism-focused trails throughout the state; and
- Trains and supervises interns for any of these programs.
- Successful, professional track record of progressive responsibility in coordination, development, and implementation in an arts, tourism, or agriculture-related project;
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in arts, tourism, agriculture, and/or marketing, or 5 years of experience in a combination of these areas;
- Experience in meeting and event planning, interpersonal relationships, public relations, communications, and customer service;
- Ability to organize and carry out multiple projects and constituents with competing deadlines;
- Proficiency with social media and Internet applications; and
- Ability to use creative and unique approaches to new or unusual situations that impact the organization.
To apply or get further information, contact Rosalyn@IndianaArtisan.org