Operations and Finance Manager
SPECIFICATIONS: Full-time, salaried position; schedule may vary during performance weeks with some evening and weekend hours; paid vacation; free downtown
Indianapolis Ballet is seeking an individual with a passion for the arts and the organizational skills needed to manage operations and finance for a growing nonprofit. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position supports the organization in financial, human resource, and facility management. Exceptional time management and excellent communication, verbal and writing skills in English are requirements of the position. Knowledge of classical ballet encouraged, but not required.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions in QuickBooks, Studio Director, and VBO ticketing. Ensure charges are applied correctly.
● Prepare bank deposits and write checks as needed.
● Prepare budgets for organization, including Board meetings.
● Work with box office personnel to record and reconcile ticket sales.
● Supervise and schedule office assistants and bookkeeper.
● Maintain positive relations with company dancers, students, faculty, parents, Board members, Guild members, and patrons through excellent customer service and communication. ● Administer web-based software.
● Maintain and troubleshoot phone, computer, and printer equipment.
● Communicate information with Board of Directors.
● Arrange and conduct administrative new-hire interviews in conjunction with Artistic and Executive Directors.
● Conduct new hire orientations and ensure proper paperwork is completed for full-time, part-time, contract, and work-study employees. Enter information into E-verify and ADP Run. ● File and communicate with Worker’s Compensation.
● Facilitate health insurance information and applications.
● Meet with company dancers at regular intervals.
● Manage facility rental and serve as point of contact for landlord, repair people, IT contractors, and parking lot manager.
● Schedule maintenance for elevators, printers, HVAC units and other items.
● Monitor cleaning and daily maintenance of facility.
● Four-year degree or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant professional work experience in operations and finance. Understanding nonprofit management is a plus.
● Excellent verbal communication and writing skills in English.
● Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and MS Office Suite.
● Knowledge of QuickBooks with ability to maintain database, run queries and generate accurate reports.
● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
● Knowledge of ADP payroll software, Studio Director and VBO ticketing preferred. ● Flexibility, professionalism, accountability and ability to work with a culturally diverse population in a collaborative manner.
CONTENT OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: Must maintain confidentiality regarding HR meetings, programming and marketing plans, organizational financial information, staff and student biographical information.
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time to conduct daily business operations. Position also requires the hearing and visual acuity to converse with internal and external constituents in person, over the phone, and via electronic communication with or without reasonable accommodation. Ability to lift, pull or push up to 20 pounds when necessary.
SUPERVISION: Reports to the Executive Director, but must have the ability to work independently, be self motivated, and make sound decisions in the best interest of the organization.
TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter, and reasonable salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2022 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.