Indianapolis Ballet (IB) is seeking an individual with a passion for the arts and the organizational skills needed to manage finances for a growing nonprofit. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position requires exceptional time management and excellent communication, verbal, and writing skills in English. Knowledge of classical ballet is encouraged, but not required.
SPECIFICATIONS: Part-time, hourly position 10 to 20 hours/week Mondays through Fridays, with a flexible schedule in the mornings and afternoons. Free downtown parking available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with IB’s bookkeeper.
- Prepares bank deposits and checks as needed.
- Prepares timesheets and payroll through the ADP system.
- Prepares cash flow and budgets for the organization, including creating grant budgets and reports for the Board of Directors.
- Works with the box office personnel to record and reconcile ticket sales and school tuition.
- Maintains positive customer relations through excellent customer service and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant professional work experience in finance. Understanding nonprofit management is a plus.
- Passion for the arts and IB’s mission.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills in English.
- Functional knowledge of GSuite (including GMail, Google Calendar, and Google Drive) and Microsoft Office Suite (including Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of QuickBooks with ability to maintain a database, run queries, and generate accurate reports.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Knowledge of ADP payroll, Studio Director, and VBO Ticketing software preferred.
- Flexibility, professionalism, accountability, and ability to work with a culturally diverse population in a collaborative manner
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to Don Steffy, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Part-time Finance Manager” in the subject line
For the full job description, click here.