Indianapolis Ballet and the Indianapolis School of Ballet are looking for a motivated person with a friendly demeanor, a positive attitude, and a passion for the arts to manage the front desk and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Be a part of the team that advanced professional ballet and dance education in Central Indiana. Attention to detail and good verbal communication and writing skills in English are requirements of the position. Knowledge about or appreciation for classical ballet is encouraged, but not required.
SPECIFICATIONS: Hourly position, with the schedule varying slightly between evening and/or Saturday hours. Up to 15-20 hours/week between the hours of 4:30pm to 8:30pm Mondays through Fridays and 8:30am to 3:30pm on Saturdays. Free downtown parking is available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and welcomes dancers, students, and guests as they arrive.
- Obtains names and other pertinent information and directs students to appropriate studios.
- Answers incoming phone calls and maintains a log of calls requiring follow-up.
- Ensures the reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary materials.
- Completes the opening/closing checklist (depending on shift) and ensures that the building is secured.
- Performs miscellaneous office responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Education – High school diploma or equivalent.
- Dependability – Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations.
- Service orientation – Great customer service skills and attitude.
- Critical thinking – Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Integrity – Able to maintain the confidentiality of student biographical information and organizational records.
- Computer Literacy – A working knowledge of Gmail, in addition to Microsoft Word and Excel, is required. Ability to learn a database management software is required.
- Communication – Good verbal communication and writing skills in English.
- Flexibility – Ability to multitask, handling several queries and priorities simultaneously.
- Friendly Demeanor – Ability to work with a diverse population with helpfulness and enthusiasm.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to Don Steffy, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Please include “Part-time Receptionist” in the subject line.
For the full job description, click here.