SPECIFICATIONS: Hourly position, 20-25 hours/week from 4:30pm to 8:30pm Monday-Friday and including some Saturdays. Free downtown parking available.
Indianapolis Ballet and the Indianapolis School of Ballet are looking for a motivated person with a friendly demeanor and positive attitude to manage the front desk and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Be a part of the team that advances professional ballet and dance education in central Indiana.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Greets and welcomes dancers, students, and guests as they arrive.
• Obtains names and other pertinent information and directs students to appropriate studios. • Answers incoming phone calls and maintains log of all calls requiring further action. • Ensures reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary materials. • Completes closing checklist each evening and ensures building is secured.
• Performs miscellaneous office responsibilities and projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Education – High school diploma or equivalent.
• Dependability – Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations. • Service orientation – Great customer service skills and attitude.
• Critical thinking – Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise. • Integrity – Able to maintain the confidentiality of student biographical information. • Computer Literacy – Knowledge of database management software is preferred.
SUPERVISION: Reports to the Operations Manager but must have the ability to work independently and make sound decisions with a high level of autonomy.
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to OPERATIONS@IndyBallet.org. Please include “Receptionist Position” in the subject line.
© 2021 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.