Reports to: Director of Finance and Operations
Works with: Office and Administrative staff, Artistic staff, Donors, Parents, Alumni, and Volunteers
The Indianapolis Children’s Choir is a professional children’s choir serving approximately 2,500 young people between the ages of 18 months and 18 years who are enrolled in the ICC’s weekly, in-depth music education programs. Founded in 1986 by Henry Leck, and under the leadership of Artistic Director Joshua Pedde, the ICC nurtures and inspires student achievement through quality music education and the pursuit of artistic excellence in choral music performance.
Position responsible for coordinating details, equipment, and setup for performances and outside bookings. This position is a flexible part-time position, hours will be dependent on ICC’s performance and event schedule.
• Required to staff all performances and events:
o Performs the load-in and out of equipment and rental equipment
o Ensure that the members of the ensembles have required items needed to perform o Coordinating information for all ICC performances, including seasonal Nutcracker performances
o Working with Artistic staff to determine call times and dismissal times for choirs o Responsible for building and/or assembling props and décor for concert performances o Assist with light and sound equipment as needed for concert performances
o Ability to drive cargo vans and haul equipment to and from concert performances • Site visits with artistic staff to ascertain equipment and setup needs if necessary • Liaison between ICC staff and organizations/performance venues when ICC is hired to perform (includes location details and the receipt of advertising and bios for ICC’s use)
• Report performance statistics (audience attendance, etc.) for royalty processing • Complete a checklist of items needed at performances
• Schedule and manage riser and equipment hauling and maintenance
• Manage setup and teardown for performances such as risers, pianos, music stands, podiums, etc. • Coordinate information for all Nutcracker performances
• Manage and assist volunteers and chaperones with choir management during performances
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
• Proficiency with all Microsoft applications
• Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills • High school diploma
• College degree
• Experience in stage production
Physical demands/working environment
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
• Must have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record
• Must pass background check
Personal belief in the ICC’s vision, mission, core values and strategic direction. Results oriented. Ability to work under pressure and effectively prioritize a varied and diverse workload. Inquisitive and sharp minded. Self-motivated and self-starting. Team player. Must adhere to the highest ethical standards. Professional demeanor. Weekend and evening work.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Email your resume and cover letter to Artistic Director, Joshua Pedde, at JPedde@icchoir.org