IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
Position: Temporary Staff
Pay Rate: $13/hour
Indianapolis Cultural Trail Inc is hiring temporary staff that will provide support to activities along the Indianapolis Cultural Trail: A Legacy of Gene and Marilyn Glick and the downtown public spaces connected by the Cultural Trail including Georgia St., Lugar Plaza and the Downtown Canal.
Ideal temporary staff are knowledgeable about downtown Indianapolis and passionate about providing first class experiences in our downtown and the outside. The temporary employees will provide operational support for various activities hosted by Indianapolis Cultural Trail, Inc including, but not limited to setting up and taking down outdoor seating, safely operating fire
pits and being a primary point of contact for activities and events. Indianapolis Cultural Trail Inc takes great pride in providing exceptional customer service and experiences for everyone. Temporary staff must maintain a neat appearance, possess excellent communication skills, be welcoming with the public, and ensure safety measures are followed during all activities.
Completed applications are reviewed daily and forwarded to management for further consideration. Candidates being considered for employment will be contacted individually.
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of pre-employment testing including a criminal history and driving record check.
Temporary staff must be available to work weekends and into the evenings both during the week and weekend.
● Support the mission of the Indianapolis Cultural Trail to enrich lives and connect people and places through beautiful and dynamic experiences
● Perform a wide range of jobs including: event and equipment set up and tear down, stock inventory, clean up event areas, and report needed information to appropriate staff.
● Be welcoming to everyone using the public spaces, including answering questions from the public about programs, activities, and public spaces and directions.
● Interact with the public and be comfortable talking with individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
● Observe guests and spaces to find ways to improve overall experience ● Confidently build and maintain safe fires in fire pits for guests
● Maintain fire pits and warming stations
● Maintain a clean area
● Use good judgment and troubleshooting skills
● Must be able to work independently and with a small team depending on the activity Requirements
● Comfortable working outside especially in all weather conditions
● Identifying problems and taking corrective action when able and report accidents and emergencies should they occur
● Will be required to, stoop, kneel, crouch, stand, walk, push, pull, and lift. ● Ability to stand for long periods of time
● Work independently
● Takes initiative
● Positive attitude
● Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
The Indianapolis Cultural Trail: A Legacy of Gene and Marilyn Glick is an internationally recognized linear park and bike and pedestrian pathway that seamlessly connects cultural districts, neighborhoods and destinations while also serving as downtown hub for the city’s greenway network. The Indianapolis Cultural Trail includes five acres of lush gardens, 525 trees, a vibrant art and culture program and is open and accessible 365 days a year. The Trail is the path by which most people experience downtown Indianapolis.
Built on public right of way, the Cultural Trail is managed by Indianapolis Cultural Trail, Inc, a non-profit organization, that works to throughtfully maintain the Trail and provide access to art, beauty, nature and healthy living. The Cultural Trail works in close partnership with the City of Indianapolis with many of our programs including Pacers Bikeshare and through a placemaking partnership with many of the downtown public spaces connected by the Trail including the Downtown Canal, Georgia Street and Lugar Plaza. In 2021 the Cultural Trail will break ground on its first expansion.
Indianapolis Cultural Trail Inc is a team of motivated and enthusiastic individuals that take great pride in what we do with and for the community. We have a flexible work environment and encourage big ideas and creative thinking. We work with volunteers and community partners to help carry out our mission and rely on generous contributions from donors to keep the Trail beautiful and accessible for everyone.
Indianapolis Cultural Trail Inc is committed to diversity among our staff and is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
© 2021 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.