JOB TITLE: Donor & Grants Manager
REPORTS TO: General Director
POSITION SUMMARY: The Annual Fund (Donor) and Grant Manager will guide strategic efforts related to all gifts, the multi-year campaigns, corporate sponsorships, and grant & foundation administration which includes all grant proposal writing and advance the annual fund development.
The Development Department’s mission is to meet or exceed the annual contributed income budget through fundraising activities and expanding charitable revenue growth potential by developing and implementing short term and long-term fundraising strategies, cultivating long term relationships with funding sources, educating funders as to the results and benefits their gifts have produced, and working with board committees, individual and honorary board members to achieve these ends.
1. Prepare and write all grant proposals and performs detailed administrative work in researching, identifying, developing, and responding to public and private grant opportunities.
2. Cultivate researched grant and foundation funders through relationship building.
3. Maintains documentation and files of all grants for internal and external reporting purposes.
4. Recommends data points and benchmarks from which to evaluate the growth of major gift fundraising appeals.
5. Prepares reports and assists in cultivation for major gift prospects.
6. Assist in data management and tracking for all contributions and fundraising activities in coordination with the communications coordinator.
7. Research donor interests, involvement, and relationships within and outside the organization to inform committees and solicitors of possible strategies.
8. Manages the administrative coordination of special campaigns (capital, programming, or events)
9. Participates with the Development Committee to develop relationships with all donors.
10. Works with staff, committees, and individual board members as requested to develop and implement major events.
11. In coordination with the Communication Coordinator develop a creative approach for acknowledging special gifts from organization’s major and recurring donors.
12. Develop a staff team for strategies to renew and increase the annual fundraising plan for individual, corporate, and foundation donors and special fundraising events.
13. Administrative coordinator for all corporate sponsorships
14. Attends or staffs community events, productions, fundraisers, donor events and committee meetings on behalf of the organization as requested and needed by the General Director.
15. Attends weekly staff meetings
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree in or related fundraising field experience with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in not-for-profit fundraising preferably in the arts.
2. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multifaceted demands.
3. Ability to meet critical deadlines.
4. Is attentive to detail, has project management skills, and is highly organized.
5. Attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events as required.
6. Maintain donor confidentiality.
1. Strong organization and administrative skill.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and knowledge and usage of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
3. Ability to problem-solve and facilitate solutions to issues in a team environment in a self-start role.
4. Skilled background and experience with graphic design (website, social media, layout).
5. Mac/PC computer software usage.
6. Proficient with Google email, Adobe products, and Databases/CRM’s.
TIME REQUIREMENT: Full Time
TO APPLY: Email your resume and cover letter outlining your experience, goals and objectives for this position to email@example.com. If you have additional questions contact the General Director, David Craig Starkey.