IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
The Event Manager II is part of an events team, between whom the entire season of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra and Symphony on the Prairie are managed. This position will serve at the primary Event Manager at Symphony on the Prairie, and will also share responsibility for managing events at Hilbert Circle Theatre and other contracted event venues. With support from the events team, this position serves as the primary coordinator of the ISO’s volunteer program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to prepare event profile to be distributed to volunteers and staff prior to events.
• Coordinates the load-in and load-out schedule for the Symphony on the Prairie season and the setup and tear down of events from week to week.
• Oversee event staff and volunteers during events including; ticket takers, ushers, valet, security, police, fire, and EMS personnel.
• Conduct a full detailed inspection of venue public spaces and emergency exits before and after all events.
• Assist in the development of, and provide monitoring of, expense budgets for volunteer and event functions.
• Responsible for guest safety, comfort and service satisfaction.
• Coordinate resolution of patron complaints with appropriate departments.
• Responsible for managing patrons’ expectations regarding policies, procedures, and protocols.
• Respond to facility and medical emergencies by completing incident reports when appropriate.
• Perform other duties as required. Volunteer Management
• Primary Event Manager responsible for the general management of the volunteer usher program. Includes management of the volunteer portal, social media, communications, and recruiting.
• Process all volunteer inquiries and requests to participate in the volunteer program.
• Responsible for the development and delivery of volunteer training and training materials.
• Plan and manage monthly and annual volunteer engagement events.
Bachelor’s Degree is required. Position requires outstanding written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail. Candidate must be a proficient user of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Demonstrated knowledge of event staffing, crowd management, event security, public assembly facility emergency protocols, and event ticketing is preferred. Experience with VenueOps and Rosterfy preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces in the Hilbert Circle Theatre and at Conner Prairie and other areas with or without accommodation. Must be able to lift/carry products up to 30 pounds without assistance. Requires visual and hearing acuity to sit at a computer for several hours at a time and speak on the phone.
© 2021 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.