Indianapolis Women’s Chorus is seeking a contracted Accompanist for the 2022-2023 season to provide piano accompaniment for chorus rehearsals and concerts and assist with rehearsal tracks and administrative tasks to support the rehearsal process. Supervision will be provided by our Artistic Director.
Three two-hour rehearsals per month, major performances in fall and spring, with additional community performances.
Indianapolis Women’s Chorus embodies musical excellence and the power of women and song to transform communities.
- Accompany Chorus rehearsals, including
- Sunday evening rehearsals, approximately 5:00-7:30 pm
- 1-2 Saturday retreat days per year
- 2-4 rehearsals with soloists in preparation for each concert
- Dress and tech rehearsals
- Accompaniment for sectional rehearsals as needed
- Accompaniment for auditions (2-3 audition days per year)
- In collaboration with the Artistic Director, prepare recordings of rehearsal tracks for each vocal part each season (primarily August and January)
- Accompany Chorus performances
- Two major concerts, November 2022 and May 2023, with two performances and 1-2 dress rehearsals per concert
- Up to 6-8 community performances per year
- Meetings and communication
- Participate as a member of the Music Sounding Board (primarily by email)
- Meet as needed with the Artistic Director
- Provide other assistance as requested and agreed upon
Compensation will be based on hours worked and will look similar to what is below:
- $100 per Sunday rehearsal (max. 2 hours)
- 1-2 retreat rehearsals on a Saturday (1-2 hours)
- Any extra rehearsals (dress rehearsals, etc.) payable at $100/rehearsal (max. 2 hours)
- Season concert performances (November and May, 2 performances each) at $150/performance
Rehearsal and performance schedule may be amended due to pandemic restrictions as needed.
To apply: Please submit your resume and a statement of interest to Sherry DuBois at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will be invited to interview and audition beginning in August 2022. This posting will stay open until the position is filled.