IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
Indy Shakes “Spring Sonnet-Off” to celebrate William Shakespeare during April, his birthday month! While many of us are stuck inside practicing social distancing, they thought this would be a fun challenge and escape for their supporters to help celebrate Shakespeare!
The competition is open to all ages and all levels of writers. Amazon Gift Card prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!
RULES AND GUIDELINES
1. Sonnets must be written in Shakespearean sonnet form.
For more information about writing Shakespearean sonnets, visit the following resources:
2. All sonnet submissions must be original works. Only previously unpublished sonnets are eligible.
3. Your sonnet can be themed any way you like! It could be a love poem, about the quarantine, about our great city of Indianapolis–or even about Indy Shakes! The topic is your choice!
4. This competition is open to all ages and all levels of writers. Parent or Guardian contact information must be provided for applicants under the age of 18.
5. Individuals may submit up to 3 sonnets. Please use a separate entry form with each submission.
6. There is no fee required for sonnet entry. Should you feel inclined to make a donation, the donation form can be found at www.indyshakes.com/donate
7. Sonnets must be received by midnight on April 30, 2020 to be eligible.
8. Entries will be judged by members of the Indianapolis Shakespeare Company board and staff including Executive Artistic Director Diane Timmerman. First place will receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Second Place will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card. Third place will receive a $10 Amazon Gift Card. Winners will be selected in May 2020 and announced publicly on the Indy Shakes social platforms and email newsletter once the winners have accepted their gift cards. The winning sonnets will also be published at the time of announcing our winners.
9. At the conclusion of the contest, Indy Shakes may choose to compile and share all sonnets in the form of a digital or printed book made available to the public for a small fee or donation, serving as an Indy Shakes fundraiser. Therefore, all applicants must confirm they accept this possibility below before submitting a sonnet.
Questions about this sonnet competition may be directed to email@example.com
© 2020 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.