IndyBaroque Music, Inc. is the parent organization of the Indianapolis Baroque Orchestra (IBO). They are the only period orchestra of their kind in Indianapolis. Their mission is to perform and promote music of the 17th and 18th centuries using period instruments and historically informed performance practices. IndyBaroque believes in enriching, educating, and inspiring the Indiana community and beyond by fostering connections between the past and the present.
IndyBaroque is a small nonprofit that is looking for a professional that enjoys variety in their work and building relationships within and outside the organization. If you love the performing arts and history, you will enjoy working with them.
The Managing Director (MD) executes all operational, production-related, and financial functions of IndyBaroque Music, Inc. Reporting to the Board of Directors through the President, the Managing Director will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently, and significant organizational capacity. The MD will have experience with budget creation and financial management (including QuickBooks), planning, contract management, and schedule tracking.
The primary role of the MD is to:
– Oversee day-to-day business operations
– Represent and advocate for the IBO in an effort to continually enhance its image, visibility, and influence across the community
– Take an active role cultivating corporate donations, sponsorships, and individual donations, in conjunction with the development consultant
– Meet or exceed earned revenue goals (subscriptions/ticket sales/donations)
– Coordinate with the Marketing and Communications Manager and Ensemble Manager
The ideal candidate will be an energetic, detail-oriented, and collaborative individual. This person will bring a combination of communications, business management, and operational skills along with an excitement for the performing arts and the benefits the arts bring to the community. This is a half-time position.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Work with the President and Board of Directors to effectively promote IBO productions by engaging in marketing and public relations activities via website, e-mail, social media, word-of-mouth, paid advertising, and media opportunities
– Hire, contract, and effectively manage production/volunteer teams for various performances, including contract labor
– Work to develop relationships with local arts organizations and seek opportunities for collaboration
– Maintain positive working relationship and effective communication with the executive committee, contract staff, and the Board of Directors
– Attend and participate in various board meetings and committees
– Coordinate contracting, scheduling use of venues (rehearsal space/performance venues), and preside at rehearsals in collaboration with the Ensemble Manager
– Attend all performances and events to manage accurate accounting and cash receipts and to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for staff, patrons, and artists
– Assist the President and Board of Directors with the development and administration of the annual budget
– Track, record, and manage administrative expenses, production income and expenses, fundraising revenue, and other earned revenue (CDs, merchandise)
– Assist with approval and payment of bills on a timely basis and maintenance of financial records in Quickbooks
– Maintain monthly financial reporting and forecasting, capital spending, and expenditures review and approval in cooperation with the Board of Directors
– Supervise office administration and operations, including maintaining all business files and records
Yearly Salary – $25,000
Inquiries and resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.