Download the complete juried exhibit prospectus below or click the website link above for complete details. Selected information is included below.
Fishers Arts Council is hosting their first ever juried exhibit of Hamilton County artists, sponsored by Jiffy Lube of Indiana. This event will become an annual fundraiser for Fishers Arts Council. Cash prizes will be given out: $500 – 1st, $250 – 2nd, $150 – 3rd, $100 – audience favorite. Jurors will be Jeanne McLeish and Mark Burkett.
The Juried Exhibit is a new annual fundraiser for Fishers Arts Council. Cash prizes are provided by funding from the exhibit sponsor: Jiffy Lube of Indiana.
Non-student: One Entry – $25 Two Entries – $35
Student: One Entry – $10 Two Entries – $15
Even if artist enters two paintings, only one painting can be selected by the jurors for the exhibition.
August 1 – Fishers Arts Council Juried Show Prospectus available for artists.
September 8 – Digital images are due for judging and sent to jurors.
September 29 – Notices of acceptance into the show are sent to artists.
October 3 – Accepted paintings delivered for judging between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
October 6 – Jurors Jeanne McLeish and Mark Burkett review submissions.
October 9 – Friday – Juried Exhibit opens. Awards ceremony.
October 31– Saturday – Juried show closes; artists pick up paintings, time TBD.
1. The Juried Show competition is open to current and former residents of Hamilton County, Indiana. Artist may submit either one or two paintings. Please note entry fees. If an artist enters two paintings, only one painting can be selected by the jurors for the exhibition.
2. No triptychs or diptychs will be accepted.
3. All entries must be the original concept and execution of the artist. No copies of paintings or published photographs will be accepted.
4. No work produced in a class or under tutelage of an instructor will be accepted.
5. No work previously exhibited in any JURIED show in Indiana will be accepted. This includes competitions such as the Indiana State Fair, SALI, IAC, IHA, WSI, and Hoosier Salon.
6. The size limitation is 42” x 42” in any direction including frame. No exceptions. All work must be framed as appropriate for the medium of the art. Plexiglass is preferred for all traditionally framed artwork and is required if metal frames are used. A simple gallery-quality frame is highly recommended. A white or neutral mat is strongly recommended.
7. Strap hangers are required. Saw tooth hangers will not be accepted. (See attached Hanging Guidelines)
8. Titles and prices will be listed as they appear on the entry forms. No changes will be made after entry forms are received.
9. No further work can be done on a painting once it is accepted. The painting will not be accepted if it is different from the original image submitted.
© 2020 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.