The Crooked Tree Arts Center (CTAC), in Traverse City, Michigan, is seeking original ceramic works for the exhibition Bodies Of…, a juried exhibition of contemporary ceramics. Bodies of work, clay bodies, vessels — this exhibition aims to show not only exceptional examples of the ceramic craft today, but a conceptual exploration of the medium as well.
AWARDS: minimum $1000 in awards will be given
JUROR: Sigrid Zahner, professor of ceramics and studio art at Purdue University; Zahner holds a BFA from the Herron School of Art, an MA from Purdue, and an MFA from Vermont College of Fine Art. Her work is in numerous collections in the U.S., including the Sandy Besser collection in New Mexico. She has shown nationally, including at NCECA (the National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts), and internationally (Denmark, Ireland, and the U.K.).
ELIGIBILITY: The call is open to all residents (age 18 and older) of the U.S. Great Lakes region: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, and Crooked Tree Arts Center members, regardless of residency.
(note: this opportunity has an entry fee; see details below)
- Submit entries online: by March 23, 2019
- Notification will be sent by March 30, 2019
- Work must be delivered to Crooked Tree Arts Center (Traverse City) between April 8 – 15, 2019, during posted gallery hours. CTAC-TC is closed on Sundays.
- The Bodies Of… exhibition opening reception is Saturday, April 27, 2019, 2 – 4 p.m.
- The Bodies Of… exhibition closes on: Saturday, July 20, 2019
- Work must be picked up between Monday, July 22 – Saturday, July 27, 2019, after 10 a.m. and before end-of-day.
- Work delivered with return shipping arrangements will be sent by Saturday, August 3, 2019.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Submissions must rely on ceramic processes. Mixed media work including ceramics are eligible.
- Submissions must be original work created by the submitting artist.
- Artists may submit up to four entries.
- Work must not have been previously exhibited at the Crooked Tree Arts Center – Traverse City.
- Accepted work must be prepared for installation and include installation instructions when necessary.
- The Crooked Tree Arts Center galleries are sales galleries and work can be for sale. Price is set by the artist. The Crooked Tree Arts Center will retain a 40% commission on all sales.
- A non-refundable fee of $35.00 per artist is required for entry ($20.00 for CTAC members). If you are a current member of Crooked Tree Arts Center, please use the coupon code: CLAY19 to receive the member discount. Should you have questions about your membership status, or are interested in becoming a member, please call CTAC at (231) 347-4337 or (231) 941-9488.
- Accepted work may NOT be removed until after the close of the show.
- Work not picked up by specified pick-up dates becomes property of the Crooked Tree Arts Center unless prior arrangement has been made with Crooked Tree Arts Center staff. The artist forfeits any claim to work not picked up by pick-up dates and the Crooked Tree Arts Center cannot be held responsible for any method of disposal arising from forfeiture.
- The Crooked Tree Arts Center reserves the right to refuse any work that differs from the image submitted.
- Work arriving after the delivery period will not be included.
- Crooked Tree Arts Center may not be held responsible for loss or damage. Artists are responsible for insuring their work during transit. Work will be insured while on the CTAC-TC premises at 60% of the retail value as stated by the artist on their application and on the inventory list.
- By submitting work to this exhibition opportunity, the artist agrees to all terms and conditions described in the exhibition prospectus.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Submit up to four images of ceramic work via CaFE; file formats must meet CaFE specifications.
- Jury will be done online.
- All ceramic processes are welcome; mixed media work including clay are eligible.
- Complete the required entry forms, including medium/process, title, size, and retail price of the work.
- Work must be clearly labeled with the artist’s name, the title, and medium.
- Please make sure that your email address in the application form is accurate.
- Notification of acceptance will be sent through CaFE via email. Please log in to check status if you do not receive an email.
QUESTIONS? Email Liz Erlewine, firstname.lastname@example.org