IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
CALL FOR ARTIST: LAFAYETTE ARTS – MAIN STAGE
City of Lafayette Requests Proposal for Main Street Public Sculpture
* Application deadline: Friday 9/30/2016 @ 5:00pm
* Announcement of artist selection: Friday 10/7/2016
* Project completion and installation: On or before 12/30/2016
* Project budget: $20,000
The City of Lafayette’s Economic Development Department, which manages the city’s public art program, is currently seeking a qualified artist of team or artists working collaboratively to create a public art sculpture on Main Street, located at the corner of 7th and Main, near the front of 661 Main St.
The Main St. sculpture is one of five projects in Lafayette Arts-Center Stage, a series of bicentennial themed public art installations funded as one project; all located on Main Street in Downtown Lafayette’s arts and culture districts. The public art initiative is being paid in part by a $50,000 Placebased Investment Fund Grant awarded through the Indiana State Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA) and coincides with the state’s bicentennial celebration. Lafayette Art – Center Stage theme is being used to highlight the community’s past while creating a new sense of place by promoting the area as an arts and entertainment destination.
The site of the sculpture is in the Main Street Streetscape Ph 1 & 2 plan; a four million dollar project currently under construction in downtown Lafayette.
The budget available to the artist(s) for the sculpture is $20,000. The design must be durable, suitable and acceptable for public display and viewing by citizens of all ages. The project must be completed and installed by 30 December 2016.
Application Submission Procedure
1. Complete and sign application form found here: Main Street Sculpture
2. Project description – Give a brief overview of project (not to exceed 3 pages)
3. Supporting materials: Materials should convey the artistic intent, i.e., design renderings, examples to adequately illustrate the projected work and your abilities as an artist.
4. Time frame / Work plan – Provide a brief outline of the steps involved in the proposed project with time requirements included. (Completion date 30 December 2016)
5. Bio or resume(s) – Provide any information on previously relate experience not to exceed three pages. Artists working collaboratively must submit a resume or other background information for each team member.
6. Sample work portfolio – This may be a link to a website or up to 10 digital images.
All questions regarding the proposal shall be direct to:
Margy Deverall, City Of Lafayette Economic Development Dept.
For the complete Request for Proposals, including eligibility and artist selection information, please follow this link.
© 2020 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.