Department Name: Latinas Welding Guild
Reports to (Title): Welding Programs Director, Latinas Welding Guild
Latinas Welding Guild Philosophy: Latinas Welding Guild’s mission is to provide high-quality welding education and training to individuals of all backgrounds, with a particular focus on empowering women, underserved communities, and youth. They strive to create a barrier-free learning environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and collaboration. By equipping students with the skills and knowledge to succeed in the welding trade, they aim to foster economic opportunity and strengthen local communities.
OVERVIEW: The Welding Instructor will be responsible for developing and delivering comprehensive welding training programs to women, youth, and underserved individuals. You will provide hands-on instruction, guidance, and support to help students gain the necessary skills and knowledge required for a successful career in welding. As an advocate for diversity and inclusion in the trades, you will foster an inclusive learning environment that encourages students’ growth and builds their confidence in pursuing welding as a profession.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive welding curriculum that covers theory, safety practices, and hands-on training, tailored to the needs of women, youth, and underserved communities.
- Deliver engaging and interactive classroom lectures and practical training sessions, ensuring students grasp key welding concepts and techniques.
- Demonstrate proper welding techniques and safety procedures, offering hands-on guidance and feedback to students during practical sessions.
- Provide individualized support and mentoring to students, helping them overcome challenges and develop their welding skills.
- Assess student progress through evaluations, assignments, and practical examinations, and provide constructive feedback for improvement.
- Collaborate with the program team to identify additional resources, tools, or guest speakers to enhance the learning experience.
- Foster an inclusive and supportive learning environment, promoting teamwork, respect, and diversity among students.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest welding industry trends, techniques, and certifications, and integrate relevant updates into the curriculum.
- Track and maintain accurate records of student attendance, performance, and program outcomes.
- Collaborate with community partners, industry professionals, and employers to provide networking opportunities, job placement support, and internships for program graduates.
- Certified welder with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the welding industry.
- Proven experience in instructional or training roles, preferably working with diverse populations or underserved communities.
- Strong knowledge of various welding techniques, including MIG, TIG, ARC, and oxy-fuel welding.
- Familiarity with industry safety standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect with students of varying backgrounds and learning styles.
- Patience, empathy, and a passion for empowering individuals to achieve their goals.
- Ability to create a positive and inclusive learning environment that promotes teamwork, respect, and collaboration.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively plan and deliver training sessions.
- Proficient in using welding equipment, tools, and relevant software applications.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and adjust the curriculum to meet the demands of the welding industry.
Individuals who share Latinas Welding Guild’s mission of empowering women, youth, and underserved communities to break into the welding industry are encouraged to apply for this role.
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000 per year
To apply, click here.