Workforce Success Coach – Exempt
Department Name: Project Azul
Reports to (Title): Deputy Director, Project Azul & Latinas Welding Guild
Latinas Welding Guild Philosophy: The Latinas Welding Guild’s mission is to provide high-quality welding education and training to individuals of all backgrounds, with a particular focus on empowering women, underserved communities, and youth. They strive to create a barrier-free learning environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and collaboration. By equipping students with the skills and knowledge to succeed in the welding trade, they aim to foster economic opportunity and strengthen local communities.
OVERVIEW: The Workforce Success Coach (Coach) is focused on helping individuals advance professionally and improve their quality of life. The Coach is responsible for recruiting and supporting participants to coach them through the process of enrollment and training. To be successful in this role, the Coach must embrace the core values of the organization: Tenacity, Grit, Compassion, and Service.
The Coach must leverage a robust network of resources to provide one-on-one support to participants. The Coach is also responsible for developing and fostering relationships with referring agencies and community partners.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting and identifying participants for workforce development training programs
- Conducting face-to-face and/or telephone interviews with prospective participants and maintaining email and text correspondence
- Using analytical skills to create personalized plans for participants
- Assisting with marketing efforts of the organization, including social media and newsletter for upcoming programming
- Identifying community resources that will be beneficial to program participants and conducting referrals to outside community-based organizations (CBOs) to address barriers
- Collecting participant data, accurately compiling it into Salesforce for monthly/quarterly reporting purposes, and adhering to strict data-sharing protocols
- Enrolling participants in training and monitoring participant’s training progress
- Communicating progress and any other relevant information with referring partners when applicable
- Providing one-on-one employment coaching, analyzing reasons why individuals are not hired or are let go and providing follow-up and retention support
- Assisting participants in developing resumes and applicant/interview strategies for successful placement, retention, and promotions
- Working alongside the program manager to place individuals
- Advocating for participants with employer partners and the community at large to raise awareness of barriers affecting systematically marginalized communities
- Representing the organization at community events
- Participating in learning/networking events to deepen knowledge of resources available for participants
- Coordinating, planning, and scheduling community and public events
- Previous work experience serving diverse populations and the ability to provide services in a culturally sensitive manner
- Previous work experience in the social services sector
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships
- Outstanding written, verbal, and listening communication and organizational skills
- Solid working knowledge of Google Office products
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule beyond normal business hours
- Bilingual or Multilingual skills desired
Grow with Latinas Welding Guild:
- Full support and career development resources to expand your skills, to maximize your potential, and clear the path for your career journey.
- Unlimited PTO with management approval with a two-week minimum per year.
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where the team is empowered to stand up and out!
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strategic mindset
- Ability to multitask
- Problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
SUPERVISION: Jessica Rodriguez Hernandez, Deputy Director
SALARY RANGE: $40,000 – $45,000 Annual Salary
TIME COMMITMENT: 40 Hours Minimum | Full-Time
OFFICE COMMITMENT: Hybrid Work Schedule | In-office attendance for scheduled work hours 3 days per week minimum
Click here to apply.