IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
On Your Level Youth Project, Inc. (OYLYP), is dedicated to enhancing the lives of young people and encouraging their active exchange of ideas, attitudes, and feelings through social media and other venues including television, radio, the Internet, live events, and other programming. OYLYP interactive experiences are designed to promote open and honest communication between teens and to be inclusive of all backgrounds in their interest level. OYLYP embraces diversity and is empowered by multicultural interaction. By its design, OYLYP exposes youth to a variety of experiences, and information sources while offering ideas
to help them make sense of their world.
The Executive Director (E.D.) of On Your Level Youth Project Inc. (OYLYP) should be an experienced, mission-driven, innovative, compassionate, transformational leader capable of executing the OYLP strategic vision. The E.D. should also be a marketing-focused leader who is able to align the Board, community partners, donors, and volunteers around the organization’s mission, vision, and value. The primary purpose of the E. D. is to provide overall management leadership in implementing Board policy consistent with the mission and goals of the OYLYP organization and its constituents.
Essential Duties & Responsibiilties
1. Recruit, plan, and coordinate OYLYP Board meetings and Board retreats
2. Develop a business plan and a strategic plan catered towards youth programs and television networks that will assist the Board and associates to implement OYLYP mission, vision, and values.
3. Establish review process and deadlines with the Board.
4. Develop and implement a process to collect input and information on youth and community needs that will help OYLYP determine its goals, its programs, and its priorities.
5. Initiate pro-active programming that addresses the implementation of OYLYP business and strategic goals and service priorities
6. Convene, facilitate, initiate, and evaluate new community collaboration efforts that address OYLYP’s role as a provider of services towards its teen demographic.
Serve as Chief Administrator
1. Manage and assume responsibility for all financial and operational functions of OYLYP.
2. Hire, engage, and lead contractors in their respective expertise
3. Increase the awareness of OYLYP and its programs and services to local media, our clients, supporters and other constituents.
4. Create and implement an annual resource development plan, annual campaign, especially to increase ongoing support from individual funding agents.
5. Identify potential corporate donors and initiate an ongoing communication strategy.
6. Identify and pursue new sources of public funding, new channels for OYLYP
programming, and new areas of need for the OYLYP message.
7. Oversees OYLYP contract/grant compliance
– Board and Contractors
– Community Associations
– Faith based non-for-profit
– Community leaders
– Television/Social Media Channels
The effective Executive Director should possess basic business knowledge, skills, and/or abilities along with these leadership attributes:
– Strong leaders, experienced working with board, staff, community partners
– Excellent organizational skills
– Project Management
– Excellent written and verbal communication
– Public/Media relations
– Familiar with youth learning and education Education and /or Experience
– Minimum of bachelor’s degree, preference of master’s degree, with emphasis on philanthropy, social work, or education
– Three or more years leadership experience, including board development and project management
– Experience in fundraising
– Familiarity and interest in youth social struggles
Please submit resume, cover letter, writing sample, and three references to Andrew Lee at email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Statement:
On Your Level Youth Program Inc. (OYLYP) is committed to providing equal opportunity to its staff and work setting, and ensuring that it’s free from discrimination and harassment. As a diversified agency, OYLYP strives to incorporate diverse staff members to enhance its work experience at the agency. Equal employment opportunity (EEO) will be enforced at the agency. The agency will ensure that all candidates are given equal opportunity in the workforce and that its hiring selections will not be made based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and age. The agency EEP will also pertain to contractors and subcontractors.
© 2020 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.