Lola City Art and the City of Logansport are seeking public art installations for the 2023 round of their Artist Avenue project.
Scope of the project :
The Committee seeks to host the installation of public art projects which will remain on exhibit for a period of 1 year. Projects hosted may entail various visual mediums. Proposals for the public outdoor artwork will be juried in by the Artist Avenue Steering Committee. At this time, the Committee will be accepting mural proposals that will satisfy the following openings:
- Artists may be selected to receive one 4’ x 8’ aluminum art panel. Artists may choose to fill the entire panel or part of the panel but the entire panel must remain intact. Artists must include a sketch of their proposed concept and at least two images of previous work.
Panels will then be attached directly to the side of the Gray Mill building on the 5th street side.
- The artwork remains the property of the artist and may be sold throughout the year long exhibit. All unsold artwork will be sold by Lola in April 2024 unless otherwise specified by the artist. All monies will go to the artist minus a 20% commission fee that will go back into the Artist Avenue fund to purchase more art panels and enhance the Artist Avenue.
- Artists are responsible for providing their own medium for creating their artwork. Artists MUST seal their artwork with at least 2 or more coats of a clear coat of their choosing. Artists should lightly sand their panel before painting to make sure the paint adheres to the panel.
- Artists are responsible for loading and transport of their panel to and from their studio/workspace. Please make sure to take care to keep your artwork and panel safe. Panels are large so a truck or trailer is ideal for transporting the panels.
- If the Gray Mill staff assists in loading, unloading, or they provide blankets or packaging material for protection of the work the artist will be charged.
- Artists must submit a sketch of their work for the exhibit as well as two images of previous work.
- Site: The avenue is located on the west side of the Gray Mill 500 East Broadway, Logansport, IN and the East side of Bonus Pints and the Record Farm 430 East Broadway, Logansport, IN. Artists are encouraged to visit the site if possible to visualize their ideas.
- Proposals with applications must be received by Sept. 30, 2022 by 5:00 p.m. for the new exhibit opening April 2023. Delivery and installation of artwork will be communicated to the artists in early March 2023. Selected applicants will be notified of their acceptance no later than October 7. Panels must be picked up by the artist at the Gray Mill during their regular business hours on Friday, October 14.
For more information and to apply, click here.