IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
Manifest Gallery Offers Artist Residency
Manifest Artist Residency Award 2017/18
Deadline for Application: April 9, 2017
Notification of Selection: On or around May 1, 2017
Residency commences: By July 1, 2017 (for a one year period)
Artists are invited to submit complete applications to Manifest’s Manifest Artist Residency program (MAR). Applications will be reviewed on a competitive basis. One or two artists will be selected as the recipient(s) of the MAR award which consists of the following:
- Free 24/7 use of a private studio consisting of (for one artist) approximately five hundred square feet of studio and display space (two north-lit rooms and a hallway) for a period of one year (including nominal utilities). In the event that two separate applicants are each awarded the residency,* each will receive one room, with some shared common space including hallway, storage, and restroom.
- Free Drawing League Membership at Manifest Drawing Center which provides access to approximately 400 hours of life drawing sessions through weekly Open Figure and semi-regular Drawing Marathon offerings.
- The artist will be given consideration for teaching courses in their studio program, for pay, during the course of the residency. This will be contingent upon suitability and qualifications, as well as course enrollment, and will be determined by the Coordinator of the Drawing Center program.
- Regular public exposure of artwork and studio during Manifest exhibit receptions to well over 2000 members of the public.
- The opportunity to submit to any and all of Manifest’s calls for entry for which the artist is eligible, with the entry fees waived for all submissions. Works submitted by the Resident Artist will still be juried through the blind jury process used for all Manifest projects.
- Participation in a MAR Showcase exhibit in the gallery near the conclusion of the Residency. This is contingent upon approval by the Director and the availability of suitable work.
- If a show is presented, the Resident Artist’s exhibited work will be featured in a chapter of that season’s Manifest Exhibition Annual publication.
- The presentation of an artist talk to the public at or near the conclusion of the Residency.
For more info, visit http://www.manifestgallery.org/mar/
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.