IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
Position is available from April 5, 2021 to May 21, 2021
Pay range: $2,880 to $3,200
– Design sets and/or work with outside designer for spring theatre production
– Work with technical theatre classroom teacher and drama director to implement building during daytime classes
– Server as carpenter and supervisor to work with students after school to build sets
– Plan and setup sound and lighting for spring theatre productions
– Serve as technical director for tech week and performances
Spring Musical (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee) Technical Director/Lighting Designer and Builder
– The set is designed. For this production, the position would require executing/building the set from the completed design.
– Serve as carpenter and supervisor to work with students after school to build sets.
– Design the lighting for the show and execute that lighting design with the students after school.
– This production needs a sound engineer, but this specific job could be hired out with another guest artist, if desired.
– Collaborate with the Theatre Director on all aspects of the design and execution of the production.
– Actors are in week two of rehearsals for the production.
– Generally, after school crew calls are from 2:45-6:00 three days per week. There is some flexibility with this
schedule. There will be a 9-7 technical rehearsal on Saturday, April 24. Dress rehearsals are April 26, 27, 28 from 2:45-8:00 (but could end earlier).
Physical and Environmental Requirements of the Position:
– While performing the dutes of this job, the employee is frequently required to bend, crawl,
sit, move about, hear and speak. May be required to work in restricted spaces and/or under
difficult lighting and access conditions. Noise level may be high when operating power
equipment. Employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions when transporting
– Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
– Employee is required to properly use such safety equipment as is appropriate to the work to
prevent injury to self or others.
– Physical demand includes exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20
pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Employee will open be on his/her feet for extended periods of time and will stoop, bend
and reach in all directions very frequently. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and climb
ladders and scaffolding daily. Employee will work beyond an 8 hour day/40 hour work week
© 2021 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.