IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
POSITION: Theatre Manager/Technical Theatre Teacher
LOCATION: North Central High School
• Prepare and maintain the master calendar of events for performance spaces, providing clear communication with Performing Arts Chair and administrative assistant in charge of building calendars.
• Demonstrates knowledge, training and skill in organizing, maintaining and managing facilities for the performing arts; demonstrates experience and knowledge in stage management, lighting, scenery, sound and all other technical aspects of live theater.
• Develop and implement performing arts productions, which address issues related to safety of personnel and care of equipment.
• Manage house and stage crews for school and community events. Provide technical assistance for school and community events.
• Instructs students in all aspects of technical theater including lighting design, set design/construction, sound design and costume design/construction.
• Contract out for necessary repairs and maintenance, supervise contractors
• Perform repairs and maintenance as necessary. Make sure all regular inspections (rigging, fire, etc.) are preformed to keep the facility up to code.
• Serves as lead technical director for all NCHS production/performances.
• Responsibilities include teaching courses in beginning and advanced technical theatre, scene design, and sponsoring the extra-curricular stage crew club.
• Fulfills all responsibilities of paperwork such as inventory, equipment repair, report cards, attendance and purchase orders.
• Meets expectations according to the regular high school teacher job description.
• Supervises all technical aspects of concerts, recitals and productions; provides strong carpentry skills and ability to instruct students in all aspects of set construction.
• Maintains prompt and professional communication with parents and colleagues.
• Valid teachers license preferred, but not required.
• Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
Physical and Environmental Requirements of the Position:
• While performing the du7es of this job, the employee is frequently required to bend, crawl, sit, move about, hear and speak. May be required to work in restricted spaces and/or under difficult lighting and access conditions. Noise level may be high when operating power equipment. Employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions when transporting materials.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Employee is required to properly use such safety equipment as is appropriate to the work to prevent injury to self or others.
• Physical demand includes exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Employee will often be on his/her feet for extended periods of time and will stoop, bend and reach in all directions very frequently. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and climb ladders and scaffolding daily. Employee will work beyond an 8 hour day/40 hour work week frequently.
Questions: Rick Granlund
6-12 Performing Arts Department Chair
North Central High School
317-259-5301 ext. 45383
© 2021 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.