IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
Claude McNeal Productions, an Indianapolis non-profit theatre education organization, is seeking a Director of Community Engagement and Development to build strategic relationships with external partners, effectively communicate the organization’s value, and to increase the organizations outreach.
ORGANIZATION & PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Started in 2005, Claude McNeal Productions (CMP) utilizes theatre to portray solutions to critical individual and societal issues. CMP partners with schools and community organizations in order to build healthy relationships with individuals and communities and is committed to bringing high quality programs to the lowest resourced schools and high needs populations, primarily in Indianapolis. Our programs work for youth across a wide range of demographics – from elementary to postsecondary schools, urban, suburban and rural students. Under the umbrella of Claude McNeal Productions are four educational theatre programs: the ACT OUT Ensemble; Youth and the Arts; student matinees in the Humanities; and the Indiana Performing Arts Initiative.
Founded in 1995 as a part of Claude McNeal Productions, the ACT OUT Ensemble has helped transform the lives of more than 500,000 people through the unique power of live, social issues theatre. ACT OUT travels and performs across Indiana using theatre as a catalyst for open discussion and creating awareness about and solutions for social issues surrounding health, education and overall character development. ACT Out addresses the most pressing and complex issues facing students and adults today. This groundbreaking technique helps eliminate stereotypes and debunks social prejudices in a way that is innovative and impactful.
More information can be found online at www.claudemcnealproductions.com.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE
• Lead the development and implementation of a strategic plan that expands the reach of Claude McNeal Productions in qualifying, pursuing, and successfully securing significant corporate and foundation support for ACT Out and other CMP programming.
• Leverage existing commitments to grow the organization’s annual operating budget, while helping to cultivate new funding sources.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for select current partners while engaging with a growing number of new potential community partners.
• Collaborate with school grant administrators, school project directors, curriculum directors, school foundations and community foundation to develop new partnerships and funding opportunities. (Travel may be necessary to engage constituents.)
• Represent CMP and ACT Out at critical meetings and functions on an as needed basis.
• Develop and manage a coordinated schedule of communications and solicitation strategies including direct mail, email and social media.
• Serve as the point person in promoting awareness of and engagement with Claude McNeal Productions through internal and external communications.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least five years of general experience and prior work in a nonprofit (or equivalent combination of education and experience) – ideally in the arts.
• Knowledge of the performing arts and arts education strongly preferred.
• Strong social and interpersonal skills and the ability to speak confidently in front of large and small audiences, integrity and discretion, and a passion for the mission.
• Strong communication skills, oral and written; keen attention to detail.
• Superior project management skills; ability to set and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently.
This position is based in Indianapolis, IN
Submit a statement of interest of no more than one page explaining why you are a great fit for this role along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received on a rolling basis and interviews will continue until the position has been filled.
If someone referred you to apply for this position, please provide his or her name in your statement of interest.
© 2020 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.