IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
Be a part of the SoArts Exhibition HEART
February 4 – February 25, 2017
Opening Reception February 6 2017, 5-7 p.m.
Garfield Park Art Center • 2432 Conservatory Drive • Indianapolis, IN 46203
This is a themed exhibition for the month of February. The art of love. Whether it be August Rodin’s “The Kiss” or Robert Indiana’s “Love” sculpture, artists have always had something to say about love. Love is a strong emotion, and is as difficult to define as art itself. Explore the concept of love, the heart and Valentines Day for the month of February. Each artist interprets the concept in their own medium based on their own life experiences and feelings.
This call for submission is open to all artists. This is a curated exhibition for artists working in all traditional and non-traditional 2D and 3D media, including film/video and photography. All artwork must be original in concept, design and execution. Note: Crafts, kit work or reproductions after original work in other media (such as giclee or photographs), unless used as part of a mixed media work, will not be considered.
Only original works may be submitted. They must be in a .jpg or pdf file format. Work may be submitted in one or multiple media. There is a limit of 5 submissions per artist.
DIRECTIONS FOR SUBMISSION VIA E-MAIL:
1. Please direct email to exhibit@SoArts.org
2. Include your name and contact information.
3. Attach the images. All images must be .jpg or pdf files.
4. Indicate medium, size, price and orientation.
5. All entries must be sent by January 7, 2017.
6. All work must be delivered to Garfield Park Art Center by January 28, 2017.
USE OF IMAGES:
Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media.
Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK:
1. The gallery is a family-friendly venue, no art accepted of an explicit nature or deemed for mature audiences.
2. Work must be wired and ready for hanging. No ceiling mounts or special installation requirements.
3. Sculptors must agree to use the displays provided by The Garfield Park Arts Center.
4. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. This information must correspond with the Accepted image.
5. Works can be for sale, but the transaction would be done through the artist, not through the Garfield Park Arts Center or SoArts. If it is for sale, mark it and leave your contact information.
6. Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or Duane King 317.508.3435
With the submission of artwork into the “SoArts Exhibition”, the artist agrees to all the terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.
© 2020 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.