IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
Join Ash & Elm for Ciderside Chats, a creative story-telling event on Wednesday, February 21st. Come gather to hear a few brave souls share their very best tales, and if you muster up the nerve with a little bit of liquid courage, perhaps you can share too!
Ash & Elm Cider Co.
2104 E Washington St, Indianapolis, Indiana 46201
The theme of the event is “Welcome back: stories of starts, stops, and do-overs” – come with your best stories that fit the theme. As always, the theme is open to your interpretation.
To participate, prepare a (real life story) based on our theme. To sign up, email Andrea (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the title and a few sentences about your story. Walk-ins are welcome, but signups get top billing.
They are open to the public on Wednesdays, so feel free to come by any time after 4. However, story-telling will begin promptly at 7:00pm, so please arrive by 6:30 to get your food and drink and settle in ahead of time. If you are late, there will be a brief break in between each story so that distractions are limited during actual stories. Stories will go until 9 pm.
Here are some ground rules that will make this a great event:
– All stories must be true as remembered by the story teller.
– All stories must be somewhat rehearsed (this is a stage, not a casual conversation. However, no rotten tomatoes will be thrown)
– No throwing rotten tomatoes. We’re doing this to support each other, learn from each other, and laugh with each other! You might be nervous telling stories in front of people, but you shouldn’t be nervous that you’ll be laughed at. Ash & Elm Cider is a safe zone.
– Some stories may be short and some may be long. As a courtesy for others who have prepared stories, please keep them to a 15 minute maximum.
– There is no specific mood we are looking for – happy, sad, dramatic – Feel free to evoke any emotion.
– Children are welcome; however, some stories may explore adult themes.
They’re still looking for storytellers for this Wednesday! Comment here or send an email to email@example.com to sign yourself up.
© 2020 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.