The Center for the Performing Arts is seeking a new full-time lighting director to provide oversight and direction for the lighting department, serve as the principle point of contact for all event lighting needs, and be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all lighting equipment and systems at the Center.
For all assigned Center Presents, Rental, Resident Company, and Internal Events:
- Advance lighting-specific performance/event details in a timely manner; referencing contract riders and historic institutional data where applicable and available.
- Attend production meetings, when required, and engage rental clients and touring personnel directly where necessary to ensure a smooth show day.
- Maintain accurate records of advance information in Venue Ops, and identify information as preliminary, confirmed, or as executed.
- Secure all required rental and perishable materials needed, and coordinate with other production departments when vendor providers may overlap.
- Timely notification of over hire staffing needs to Asst. Director of Production.
- Performance/event day responsibilities to include: Supervise full time and over hire employees assigned to the Lighting Area, and participate in the load in, rehearsal/sound check, performance, and load out.
- Execute lighting design as directed by event contact.
- Ensure safety of equipment, systems, and use of lighting-related assets during events including use of those assets by outside personnel.
- Ensure safety of and safe use of lighting assets brought into the facilities by outside groups and tours, as it pertains to the safety of CPA staff, over hire, and patrons.
- Provide post event feedback and time reporting as requested.
EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide regular maintenance on all lighting-related assets at The Center per manufacturers recommendations and industry best practices.
- Keep maintenance logs for all relevant lighting-related equipment and systems at The Center.
- Maintain inventory of lamps, gels, repair parts, and cables
- Repair or arrange for repair of all broken or malfunctioning lighting-related assets at The Center.
- Keep all lighting systems manuals, guides, training documents, and lighting section of Center’s Technical Specification document up to date.
- Regularly review lighting-related assets at The Center and recommend replacements, improvements, or additions.
- Serve as a resource for and collaborate with the Technical Directors at The Studio and The Tarkington Theatres in maintenance, repair, and upgrading of their lighting-related assets.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Seek out and participate in professional development opportunities and memberships in professional organizations to stay up to date on all duties outlined in job description.
- When feasible provide internship opportunities in alignment with educational focus of the organization.
- Assist in other production areas as available and needed, or as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
For more information and a full job description, click here.
Please apply online or email cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.