Be part of HISTORY & earn $500 in COLD, HARD CASH!
DON’T DELAY! DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS June 30, 2016
The Tippecanoe County Historical Association Announces the Tercentennial(300th Anniversary) Fort Ouiatenon 1717-2017 & Fiftieth(50th Anniversary) Feast of the Hunters’ Moon 1967-2017 COMMEMORATIVE 1oz. SILVER MEDAL DESIGN CONTEST
- Contest open to anyone age 16+ & up.
- The obverse (front) design must only contain design/images related to Fort Ouiatenon and the Native Americans who were already settled at that site. The Native Americans were part of the reason why the French established a fort at that site. The design must be authentic to the period of the early 1700’s.
- The reverse (back) design must only contain design/images related to the TCHA event “Feast of the Hunters’ Moon”. The Feast celebrates the French, British, American and Native American (Wea and Kickapoo People).ALSO INCLUDE THE WORDS: .999 FINE SILVER
- There will be two winners, one for the obverse (front) design and one for the reverse (back) design.
- Artist can submit designs for one or both sides of the medallion. One winner will be chosen for the obverse and another for the reverse. Each artist will be limited to one design entry for the obverse and reserve design.
- If your design is chosen as the winner, you will sign a consent waiver for the use of the design for the commemorative medal. Plus you will relinquish ownership of your design and it will become the property of the Tippecanoe County Historical Association.
- The artist will receive as the winner a $500 cash award along with recognition and a short bio to be printed on all packaging material and/or advertising and marketing material.
- Entries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org; attn: Terry Edgell. PLEASE USE PDF OR JPG FILES.
- Contest deadline is THURSDAY, JUNE 30, 2016. No color art work, line art design only and no shading.
To gather more information regarding Fort Ouiatenon or the Feast of the Hunters’ Moon for design concept feel free to stop by and visit the Frank Arganbright Genealogy Center open every Friday from 1 pm to 5pm and located at 1001 South Street, Lafayette, IN 47901.
You can also research the web for more images and information.
This 1 oz. Silver Medal will be a Limited Edition of 2,000 pieces.
THIS CONTEST IS SPONSORED BY LAFAYETTE BANK & TRUSTAND FIRST MERCHANTS PRIVATE WEALTH ADVISOR.