Zionsville Community Schools Seeks Performing Arts Center Manager
To apply, visit https://www.zcs.k12.in.us/apps/pages/employment_opportunities and click the ‘Support Staff’ link.
POSITION SUMMARY: Oversees overall managerial and technical responsibilities of the Performing Arts Center and coordinates all functions of the Performing Arts Center as guided by the Director of the Office of Special Projects.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a typical school setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There are no environmental hazards indicated for this position.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Oversee the daily operations of the Zionsville Performing Arts Center.
- Promote community use of ZCS facilities through exemplary communications and service.
- Communicate directly with and group leaders (both internal and external) about technical and setup needs.
- Ensure the security of PAC facilities and equipment by maintaining a daily presence.
- Direct repair/maintenance invoices that need to be paid on to the business office.
- Communicate with vendors and service providers for equipment repair, replacement, and purchasing.
- Manage and update the PAC website and Facebook page.
- Maintain accurate inventory records.
- Record and compile financial data for PAC and report the monthly financial statement to the OSP Business Director.
- Ensure compliance of all ZCS safety protocols during all site events and advise patrons as needed.
- Work with the Energy Specialist to reduce energy consumption and adherence to energy saving protocols in the PAC.
- Administer the PAC rental process to include all aspects of the requisite use agreement and the oversight of charges and collections.
- Promote and develop new PAC rentals to fill in open calendar dates after the academic use has been identified.
- Devise promotions and otherwise expand regional awareness of the PAC.
- Facilitate tours of the PAC.
- Maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and superiors.
- Oversee and ensure the proper storage and care of PAC equipment and technology.
- Coordinate the scheduling and use of the PAC with the ZCHS Student Activities
- Administrator and ensure this information is maintained in DynaCal.
- Interface with the ZCHS Student Activities Administrator to provide PAC/Small Auditorium support to academics and clubs.
- Work directly with high school performing arts staff members to coordinate class-time usage of the space.
- Provide and coordinate PAC staff members to assist with equipment setup (chairs, risers, etc.) for rehearsals and practices.
- Arrange and coordinate PAC custodian setup for all events held in the PAC.
- Communicate all setup and technical needs information from users to the PAC Staff and/or Event Manager when necessary.
- Communicate with the appropriate personnel or initiate work order process when situations require maintenance and/or custodial assistance for setup. Make sure PAC technical equipment is working properly.
- Schedule workers as needed for setup and technical support at all events held in the PAC after school hours.
- Provide outside groups access to facilities for setup, load-ins, rehearsals, and strikes during the school day or when necessary.
- Supervise the PAC for school corporation, high school or rental events as needed.
- Approve and implement training and development protocol for all PAC crew members.
- Seek opportunities for crew development outside of ZPAC, including experiences with both professional and student productions.
- Ensure the supervision of PAC crew members during the rehearsal and performance times of all events.
- Develop and enforce PAC safety protocols.
- Ticket for all ZCS Performing Arts Department events and rental events that require ticketing services. This includes the management of ticketing software, online ticket sales, on site ticket sales, marketing of event tickets, as well as the final distribution of ticket proceeds.
- Create, distribute, and secure advertisements for ZPAC’s annual season program book.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other area K-12 PAC staff for better routing for shows, collaboration, etc.
- Supervise the Assistant Performing Arts Center Director and PAC Crew.
- Develop partnerships with area businesses for sponsorships, trading of services, etc. with the goal of increasing the visibility and vitality of ZPAC.
- Ensure payment of PAC Event Managers/Crew by reviewing and approving timesheets and delivering them to the ESC business office for processing.
- Prepare for and execute technical needs of the ZCHS performing arts and rental programming.
- Remain knowledgeable regarding use of stage lighting, sound, audio-visual and production equipment.
- Keep inventory of supplies and equipment organized.
- Maintain stage, off stage storage, cat walk, and scenery areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assist with the maintenance and operation of equipment and ensure its safe and proper use; protect the district equipment and supplies against pilferage, loss, theft, or abuse.
- Assist in determining the necessary technical supports, such as lighting and sound systems for theatre, dance, music, and other productions and projects; assist guest designers and artists with technical matters.
- Advise outside vendors such as production managers, lighting and sound designers, on the technical specifications of ZPAC.
- Attend technical rehearsals in order to assist in technical aspects of upcoming shows.
- Assist with stage and set construction for ZPAC events.
- Plan and execute the resetting of the PAC technical equipment to a status compliant with the PAC light and sound plots between shows.
- Assist in the repair, maintenance, inventory, securing and organization of all PAC equipment and supplies related to the facility.
- Ensure that a PAC crew member/Event Manager or PAC Manager is at assigned location for entirety of the event and until all attendees have left premises; ensure location is left in same condition it was found.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of the Office of Special Projects, ZCHS administrators or the Superintendent
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Organized and efficient with process creation, implementation and communication. Ability to use a variety of computer programs to enter student data. Professionally and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and community members. Work independently while keeping your direct supervisor informed.
Education: Bachelor Degree in technical theater preferred but will consider 3-5 years of equivalent experience.
Experience: 1-5 years combined experience with performing arts venues and technical theater preferred.