IMPORTANT! Due to the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) events on this site may be postponed or canceled.CLICK HERE for More Details.
2018 ZIONSVILLE SIDEWALK POETRY CONTEST Rules
Contest ends February 28, 2018
1. The 2018 Zionsville Sidewalk Poetry Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by the Zionsville Cultural District, Inc. (“ZCD”), an Indiana nonprofit corporation, with an address of 225 W. Hawthorne Street, Zionsville, IN 46077. These Rules are to be read in conjunction with the 2018 “Step-On-Us” Zionsville Sidewalk Poetry Contest Entry Form, available at www.zionsvilleculturaldistrict.org, which is incorporated into these Rules by reference.
2. Each person (“Author”) may submit up to two original poems in English. The text and subject matter must be appropriate for the general public. Poems that are explicitly religious, political, graphically violent or overtly sexual will not be considered.
3. Poems can be previously published or unpublished as long as they are the original work of the Author and the Author has the right to allow third parties to publish the poem(s), as set forth in the Entry Form.
4. Authors retain full copyright in and to their submissions. By participating in the Contest, Authors grant to ZCD and the Town of Zionsville a license to use their submissions as set for in the Entry Form.
5. Two divisions will be judged:
6. If Submitting online at www.zionsvilleculturaldistrict.org:
7. If Submitting by Mail or Hand-Delivery:
8. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges in a 100% blind judging process. Judging criteria include originality, creativity and artistic quality, all of which will be weighed equally by the judges. The judges are not required to name any winners at all. All submissions must comply with the Contest’s rules, as determined by the panel of judges. All decisions of the panel of judges will be final.
9. Submissions are due by 11:59 pm on (or postmarked by) February 28, 2018. Winners will be announced during the month of March 2018. A representative of the Town of Zionsville and a representative of ZCD will make the announcement.
10. The winning submissions will be installed on sidewalks in the Town of Zionsville on a timetable established by the Town of Zionsville. Winners shall be required to sign a release in a form required by ZCD and to comply with any other requirements established by ZCD as a condition to their submission(s) being installed on any sidewalks. The approximate verifiable retail value of the publication of a submission is $100.
© 2020 - Arts Council of Indianapolis - All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: The Arts Council of Indianapolis provides this database and website as a service to artists, arts organizations, and consumers alike. All information contained within the database and website was provided by the artists or arts organizations. No adjudication or selection process was used to develop this site or the artists and organizations featured. While the Arts Council of Indianapolis makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, it does not endorse, approve, or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of such information.