Please Note: This event has expired.
Jazz Funk Workshop with Jess Pretty
This class is an investigation into the relationship between hip hop, house, jazz technique, high physicality and musicality.
What is Jazz Funk? It’s amazing. That’s what it is. This class is an investigation into the relationship between hip hop, house, jazz technique, high physicality and musicality. I’m investigating the ways in which we can locate euphoria and pleasure within the moving body as we digest our place within current societal relations. How can we use dance as a vessel to achieve this? What is the place and importance of music and pop culture in this investigation? (We shall find out). This classView more
- Use discount code “multiclass10discount” when registering for multiple Jess Pretty Workshops
- Discounts are available to current IU students for the contemporaryTRAP Workshop at IU Bloomington on October 17th.
Full Jess Pretty Workshop Schedule:
- contemporaryTRAP Workshop from 3:30-5:00pm at IU Bloomington on October 17th
- contemporaryTRAP Workshop from 7:30-9:30pm at Phoenix Rising Dance Studios on October 17th
- Hip Hop Workshop from 2:00-4:00pm at Indianapolis Movement Arts Collective on October 19th
- Jazz Funk Workshop from 5:00-7:00pm at Indianapolis Movement Arts Collective on October 19th
4011 North Pennsylvania Street, Indianapolis, IN 46205