Kota Ezawa: Tonya
Headlining the school’s first exhibitions of 2019 is “Tonya,” Kota Ezawa’s latest three-channel video based on the choreography and movements of contemporary dancer James Kirby Rogers of the Kansas City Ballet.
The collaboration between Ezawa and Rogers brings together dance and visual arts disciplines by fusing human movements with the imaginative faculties enabled by digital animation. Included in the exhibition are videos and films by Nam June Paik, Yvonne Rainer, Kate Bush and Bruce Nauman to trace a history of dance recorded between the 1960s and 1980s. The videos and films also function as an ancestry to the artist’s own backstory as a Kate Bush fan as a teenager and a student of Nam June Paik
Located in Eskenazi Hall on the IUPUI campus, the Galleries at Herron are free and open to the public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesdays.
Parking is free in the Sports Complex Garage adjacent to Eskenazi Hall or on levels 5 and 6 of the Riverwalk Garage, courtesy of The Great Frame Up Indianapolis, with validation from the Herron galleries. Visit HerronGalleries.org for more information.
INDIVIDUAL DATES & TIMES *
- Jan 22, 2019 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Tue)
- Jan 23, 2019 at 10:00 am - 08:00 pm (Wed)
- Jan 24, 2019 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Thu)
- Jan 25, 2019 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Fri)
- Jan 26, 2019 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Sat)
- Jan 28, 2019 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Mon)
- Jan 29, 2019 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Tue)
- Jan 30, 2019 at 10:00 am - 08:00 pm (Wed)
- Jan 31, 2019 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Thu)
- Feb 1, 2019 at 10:00 am - 05:00 pm (Fri)
735 W. New York St., Eskenazi Hall, HR 224, Indianapolis, IN 46202