Home & Hearth
Being inspired by the theme of Spirit and Place for 2016, this year’s Women’s Exhibition at Indiana Interchurch Center will explore your expressions and feelings around “Home and Hearth.” For each of us home is distinctive, whether a house or simply a place that resonates throughout our lives as “home.” We also have the capacity, perhaps even longing, to create a home – a place that will embody all that we hold dear. Participating artists will create their own home using clay, wood or other various materials, or creating a 2-d expression such as a drawing or painting.
- Place: The IIC Gallery, 1100 West 42nd Street, Indianapolis, IN
- Dates: November 21 – December 28, 2016
- Opening Reception: Friday, December 9, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Participation is open to professional and emerging women artists
Submission of Works:
- RSVP e-mail, email@example.com or phone, 317-923-3617, by October 28, 2016
- Each artist may submit one work of original art
- Each work must be accompanied by an artist’s statement
- Works must be delivered to the Indiana Interchurch Center, Room #110 Monday – Thursday (November 14 – 17) 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. or Friday and Saturday (November 18 and 19), 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Call 317-923-3617 for early delivery or other special needs.
Works may be picked up December 29 and 30, 2016, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. or at another time by prearrangement through the IIC, 317-923-3617.
- Original work may be in any media including, but not limited to:
- Hand-pulled prints, oil, acrylic, watercolor, photographs, computerized or web-based artwork.
- Works must be ready for hanging or displaying, whether framed or not. Paintings or other work on canvas that are not framed must have finished sides.
- Works may not be smaller than a total of 120 inches squared (i.e. 10 x 12), nor larger than a total of1200 Inches squared (i.e. 30 x 40).
- Original work may be in any media including, but not limited to: metals, reclaimed or found objects, wood. Because of the nature and location of the exhibit, a work made of glass or any other material subject to breaking is not recommended.
- Mobiles may be submitted and may be comprised of any of the above-mentioned materials.
- All work must be stable and professionally presented.
- Please use good judgment with regard to size. Do not create a work that is small enough to be easily picked up and carried away. Weight should not exceed 50 pounds nor take up an area that would exceed 3 feet in diameter.
Videos and other multi-media may be submitted and will be displayed on appropriate equipment. As an example, a video might be created using dance/movement and music composed by the artist. Or, an artist might create a video in memory of a family member or close friend that would include interviews.
Selling your artwork
Your artwork may be for sale. All sales will be handled directly through the artist. While there is no fee to participate, a donation of 10% to the Indiana Interchurch Center to help defray the costs of the exhibit would be appreciated.
Include the following information:
- Artist Name
- Contact InformationDaytime phone/e-mail address
- Title of Artwork, medium, size
- ARTIST STATEMENT – Please write about your work including a brief biography that will fit an 8 1⁄2 x 11 page