Special Events Manager-Full Time
The Indianapolis Art Center is looking for and organized professional to promote the Art Center to external audiences by managing logistics and planning for weddings, corporate meetings, tours, team building activities, demonstrations, hands-on activities, birthday parties and other rental events on the property. Manages planning and logistics for Art Center internal events and fundraisers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop, coordinate, manage and sell external event rentals to individuals or entities seeking to rent space at the Art Center for an event (including, but not limited to, weddings, meetings, tours, team-building activities, demos, hands-on activities and birthday parties).
- Promote the Art Center facility for rentals and group educational programming.
- Manage and maintain external vendors who will work with rental clients, ensuring that vendors consistently provide a high level of quality and customer service.
- Manage administrative needs for event coordination including internal events calendar, financial reports, event contracts and payments, and appropriate permits. Coordinate with various departments to manage room scheduling, rental space set up, maintenance and cleaning.
- Work with Development and other Art Center staff to execute fundraising and other internal events (e.g. exhibition openings, Broad Ripple Art Fair Preview Party, Open House and ArtSparkle).
- Manage all food vendors, entertainment and event logistics for Broad Ripple Art Fair, coordinating with volunteers, committees, and Art Center staff to plan and manage on-site event logistics.
- Draft and manage budget for special events income and expenses.
- Acts as Liaison for Renters and Neighbors
- Ensures tenants have a mutually beneficial working relationship with IAC
- With Staff Accountant, Manages leases for rentals at Cultural Complex and Crawford House
- Coordinates maintenance requests from tenants, in conjunction with Facilities staff
- Serves as information contact for neighbors especially related to major functions (BRAF, Summer Camps, Special Events, etc.
Additional Job Functions:
- Manage part time event assistants, interns, volunteers and Guest Services staff on events-related projects.
- Work directly with artists to create educational programming for groups and sell programs to external groups.
Competency Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Outlook.
- Excellent customer service, organization, management skills, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of event permits regulations, catering and alcohol laws and regulations.
Education and Experience:
A combination of education, training and experience equivalent to an undergraduate degree in a related field and 2 years of experience in event planning.
- A supportive and collaborative environment where you can make a difference in the community
- Passionate colleagues
- Free art classes
- Fun and relaxed working environment
Indianapolis Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=indartctr&jobId=182360&lang=en_US&source=CC3