Schwak!, a Global Cross-Media Production Agency Seeks Graphic Artist
The Graphic Artist applies knowledge and expertise to effectively communicate customer needs through artwork and products. This role is responsible for ensuring that graphic design intent is met on behalf of the client. The Graphic Artist focuses on inception creation and verification and validation that key strategies and deliverables are being maintained on time and within set billing and client changes.
- Reads, interprets and designs visual communication deliverables.
- Consults with Graphic Design team on artwork or product plans, vision, layout and production.
- Utilizes graphic software to design and produce finished artwork or product.
- Interfaces directly with the customer to edit and revise artwork as needed to produce a quality product.
- Prioritizes work orders, expediting orders that must be filled immediately.
- Ensures consistency of design with production, brand and quality standards.
- Verifies customer order size and written instructions match customer artwork.
- Examines the accuracy of the orders before processing.
- Proofreads/inspects the accuracy of completed work.
- Tracks and reports on all graphic work being completed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Arts, Art or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of previous graphic design experience
- Knowledge and experience with Design software.
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High/Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet and Adobe applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled